“Surprisingly Classy”

GreenLeadersSilver level
West Point, New York
“Surprisingly Classy”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a wedding (which was held off-site). We normally prefer smaller, more intimate hotels, but this was where the room block was. We were pleasantly surprised! The staff was very welcoming, even at the late hour at which we arrived, and the property was really nicely done. Our room was BIG and quite luxurious, and there was a great "feel" to the place. Everything seemed neat, crisp, clean and very modern.

The fitness center left a lot to be desired (really small, sort of jammed in an odd-shaped room next to the spa) and the lobby coffee shop seemed to keep very unpredictable hours. It was not open at all on Friday, and only for a few hours very early Saturday morning. By 10:30, they were closed. ?? In lieu of sandwiches or pastries, the cafe seemed to be selling frozen Lean Cuisine, which was extremely strange, especially taking the timing into account. Fortunately the Short Pump mall is just a short walk/drive from the property, so decent coffee can (and probably should!) be found elsewhere.

The breakfast bar in the lobby restaurant, however, was exceptional. Omelets made to order, fresh French Toast, etc. The bride and groom hosted a big breakfast for us the morning after, so I can't speak to the price or value ... but it was quite delicious.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HiltonRichmond, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast at the hotel. We hope to host you again in the future.

Devin Heath

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Las Vegas
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This may be a great hotel for business travelers but the weekend experience was not good at all.
My husband and I were in Richmond for a wedding last weekend. We checked in Friday afternoon. I called the spa/salon immediately as I wanted a hair appt. for the next morning. I was told that they would reach the "tecnician" and get back to me soon. They never called back. I called the next morning, several times, and got no answer at all.
Sunday morning---went to the executive lounge to see if they had coffee and rolls. Nothing---the place was a mess, dirty dishes and trash everywhere. Went down to the coffee shop and managed to buy a couple of borderline stale rolls and coffee.
The staff that everyone raves about was fairly friendly but the only really good service we received was from Aquila who works in the restaurant.
Might stay here again if we are in town during the week---no weekends!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonRichmond, Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
I want to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. While not knowing the details surrounding this circumstance, we do encourage guests to schedule appointments in advance as the books can quickly fill up, especially on a weekend. We also encourage guests to always leave a voicemail for our front desk staff so that they can return calls promptly, if this did not occur in your situation I do sincerely apologize as our goal is to accommodate guest's requests to the best of our abilities. I invite you to contact me directly during your next visit with us and I will ensure your appointment is handled properly in the future. We do hope to have the opportunity to see you at Aura Spa then.

Best Regards,

Mary Pilch, Spa Director
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for two nights and it was a very good experience from the time we checked in through to checkout. We enjoyed the location, the room, the lobby bar and room service. The service and staff are exceptional and food in the lobby bar and the room were very well presented and delivered in a timely fashion. What is amazing is that they actually allow pets in such a plush hotel; we did not encounter any pets while we were there. Would recommend this hotel if it fits your budget.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
We are very pleased you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. Our team works very hard and we are all very proud of the hotel and the service we provide. We hope you will choose us again when your travels bring you back to Richmond.

Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I have stayed here on multiple occasions for work. Always great service & the high quality I expect from Hilton. It is near all the nice stuff in Richmond and I love it's convenience. It is in the best part of town with the best shopping, restaurants, etc. I always look forward to going here for work!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for being such a loyal guest to the hotel. We are so pleased you have found a home away from home. We look forward to having you back as our guest soon.

charlotte, nc
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I must begin by stating that the hotel staff have provided the best customer service experience I have witnessed/experienced in quite some time. Al, the young man who checked me in was efficient, extremely polite, and very professional. From where I stood, he appeared to be the same with the gentleman who checked in ahead of me.

The room was immaculate, well appointed, and extremely comfortable.

Even when I checked out, the staff were extremely courteous and everyone gave me the impression that I was in fact a welcome guest.

Free WiFi was a plus as many full service hotels still charge and room service is available around the clock, not just ending at 1 or 2 am like many other hotels. The location was directly off the Interstate and the hotel was located in an area with many, many retail and restaurant options, many of which were in walking distance.

For my next trip to the area, I will definitely seek out reservations here first.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank carolinasunshine13
What wonderful praise of your experience at the Hilton! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope you will stay with us again on future trips to the Richmond area.

Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed July 26, 2012

One of cleanest and neatest hotels I've ever stayed at. Service is outstanding. Arrived on a very hot afternoon and was greeted at the door with a chilled, herbal towel. Great touch. Every employee made it a point to speak to me, even if we were just passing by each other. Rooms were very clean and well designed.

Room Tip: Check out the huge business suite on the eighth floor. Really spacious and loaded.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Chris M
We are so proud of our team and pleased that enjoyed the service you experienced during your stay. We hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again in the future.

Richmond, Virginia, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Beautiful Hotel! Quick and easy check in desk people all smiles. Great room comfey bed slept like a baby!! Staff at Shula 's was great!! we will be back

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
I agree with you that our beds are so comfortable that I went out and bought one for me personally. I'm glad you got the opportunity to enjoy Shula's and the service provided by our team throughout the hotel.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hosting you again in the future.