“Service Review”

Shula's America's Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Shula's America's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #157 of 1,612 Restaurants in Richmond
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West Broad Street
Description: Shula's Steak House is the classic American steakhouse. Our restaurant is themed after 1972's Undefeated Miami Dolphins and their "Perfect Season" - the only team in NFL history to finish a season 17-0. The SHULA CUT is Premium Black Angus Beef that has to meet 10 science based specifications, which exceed the standards of USDA Prime. One of the featured entrees is the 48 oz Porterhouse. Those who finish it join Shula's 48-Ounce Club, which currently has more than 34,600 members. In addition to exceptional steaks, Shula's offers fresh seafood, lamb porterhouses daily and prime rib on the weekends. We also offer an award-winning wine list featuring a variety of selections to make your dining experience a perfect one. Experience fine dining at its best with steak and seafood dishes. Enjoy a casual atmosphere in lounge with the full menu along with your favorite burgers and sandwiches. Shula's continues to cater "Perfect" group functions and dinners in our private dining rooms. For additional information about reservations, Corporate and Social group Functions, Rehearsal Dinners, Presentations, Seminars, or Dining Experiences, please contact: Meredith Wright Business Development Manager. Make your reservation today through OpenTable.
Lorton, Virginia
“Service Review”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Our special celebratory meal at Shula's was exceptional. Our waiter, Billy, assisted by Matt did an outstanding job. Billy was very personable, efficient, and attentive! We enjoyed conversing with him as much as the experience. The host, Doreen, was very welcoming and made us feel special - we also enjoyed conversing with her as much as the dining experience. Our breakfast waitress [a lovely young woman from Cambodia whose name we cannot recall] made that dining experience a total delight as well. This is a restaurant that we look forward to traveling for 2 hours to enjoy!

• Visited July 2014
Susan J, Manager at Shula's America's Steak House, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you so much for letting us know how great your experiences were with us both at breakfast and dinner. Sineang and Billy are both "veterans" of Shula's and Doreen and Matt are somewhat new to the restaurant so it's wonderful to hear how great everyone is doing. We look forward to seeing you back soon.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You get what you pay for!”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

In this day and age, "you get what you pay for" is not always true! That is why I don't mind going to this fine restaurant. I work hard for a living and when I go out , I like to get "what I pay for". Again, the food is cooked to perfection, drinks are great, service is beyond excellent, (I always ask for Michael. Superb service) and management couldn't be more accommodating. Susan is the manager and is as sweet as she can be along with being on top of everything. Great atmosphere!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank rudy s
Susan J, Manager at Shula's America's Steak House, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thanks so much for letting us know how much you enjoy Shula's!! It's always great to hear from our guests. You are right, Michael is one of the best!!. We hope to see you again soon.
Mechanicsville, Virginia
“Excellent Dining!”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I have dined here on several occasions and I have never been dissapointed. The chef is excellent. Waitstaff couldn't be more professional or friendly. After we dine in the restaurant, we always head to the lounge area for a nite-cap. The lounge is very cozy and clean. Again, waitstaff makes you feel very comfortable. Management is always on hand and never hiding behind the scenes. I have seen them handle slow nights and busy nights and have never felt "forgotten." Highly recommend for a romantic night out or just a night cap. So glad to have a New York type of dining in town.

• Visited June 2014
Susan J, Manager at Shula's America's Steak House, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thanks for your response!! It's great to hear about your experiences with us in both the dining room and the lounge. I'm glad to hear that our staff, both front and back of the house, makes your evening a perfect one.
Princeton, New Jersey
“Way overpriced”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

For this price please serve prime beef. Offer human sized portions. You probably wonder why the dining room was mostly unoccupied.

Visited May 2014
Susan J, Manager at Shula's America's Steak House, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your meal. Shula's prides itself on it's steaks and I apologize that your expectations were not met. I do hope you try us again in the future. Thank you for your input.
Springfield, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Customer Service”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

My husband and I have a reservation tomorrow evening at Shula's to celebrate our anniversary. This will be our first time dining at the restaurant. However, I had to write a review regarding the phenomenal customer service that I received from Doreen.

Since, I booked our reservation through Open Table. I called to confirm the reservation and advise them that we will be celebrating our anniversary. Doreen answered the phone and was absolutely amazing!!!! She went above and beyond to ensure that we will have a wonderful experience. Her professionalism, warmth and customer service was the best that I have ever experienced. I'm really looking forward to dining there tomorrow evening.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Doreen :-)

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Mykia G
Thanks for the feedback!! Doreen is definitely an asset to our team. I trust that your evening went as planned. We hope to see you back with us soon!!

Been to Shula's America's Steak House? Share your experiences!