“Delightful little hideaway”
Review of Bistro Bobette

Bistro Bobette
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Bobette is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 1,603 Restaurants in Richmond
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: South 12th
Description: Bistro Bobette, Richmond's first authentic French Bistro serving comfort food in Historic Shockoe Slip. Our atmosphere is lively,chic casual and we strive to provide our guests with the utmost in professional service and quality cuisine. We utilize local,organic seasonal ingredients.Menu includes classic French fare, steak frites, mussels, quiche, homemade soups, charcuterie, tartare, escargots, house made terrines/pate, salads, fish and meats, complimented with an expansive wine menu. All desserts are homemade. Specials change daily. Menu changes monthly . 3 course Chef's Pre Fixe nightly from 5-6. for 22. Special Bar Bites available nightly.
Richmond, Virginia
“Delightful little hideaway”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We chose this restaurant as something new to try with our work colleagues. As someone who has never been to France, I could not tell you how comparable the food/atmosphere is to a genuine experience, but our colleagues (who have been to Paris) said the menu and atmosphere was very reminiscent of their time there. We started with a round of tasty Kir Royal, and snacked on delicious crusty bread while we waited for our entrees. Our server was very friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive, and had no difficulty in convincing most of our party to try the delectable-sounding specials for the evening (swordfish, salmon, and halibut plates). The interior of the restaurant was trendy and hip, although the lighting was a bit on the dim side. Overall a very pleasant, quiet dining environment. Our entrees arrived hot and fresh, and everything was absolutely delicious. We savored each bite, and our table echoed with the sounds of "mmmm" as we enjoyed the plates. I personally had the beef tenderloin medallions in a savory sauce; the meat was cooked perfectly and was so tender, I hardly needed to use my knife. After cleaning our plates, we submitted to dessert, which was just as fantastic- creamy rich chocolate mousse for me (some of the best I have ever had), and my husband had the creme brulee. I think I could have sat there all evening, enjoying the drinks and desserts! We could not have had a more wonderful experience, and we hope to return soon!

• Visited June 2014

New York City, New York
“We had great hopes for this restaurant”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I normally go to support French businesses because we like French food and French attitude and because I spent my formative years in France. Our experience at this restaurant, during restaurant week, was dismal and we won't return. The tables were so crowded that waiters hung on top of you to get orders from the neighboring tables. The restaurant is dark and don't plan to linger, as you will be rushed out. We had a mache salad that had less than a teaspoon of mache and mostly beets. We had a duck confit with a miniature possibly duck leg, and a concoction that consisted of fat laden breadcrumbs with some sausage and beans that was inedible and clearly unhealthy. It was busy at the resto, but no justification for it. For French restaurants in Richmond, try Max's on Broad (claims it is Belgian, but it is really French) and Can Can. There is another "Parisian" restaurant that is basic and bright.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Lia L
richmond
“A MUST try in the Richmond area”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

It's restaurants like Bistro Bobette that set the bar so high in Richmond. Each plate was unique, authentic and delicious. One of the best meals I've ever had. The atmosphere was friendly and inviting. Bistro Bobette provided a dining experience we haven't been able to get since being in France.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank rudyroo03
Bistro B, Owner at Bistro Bobette, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Sir,
With gratitude we appreciate you taking time to share your recent positive experience with us at Bistro Bobette.

Your input is extremely important as we strive to provide an exemplary dining experience to all of our guests.
Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Best,
Bistro Bobette
Richmond
“Delightful!”
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Bistro Bobette is a perfect restaurant for a business meal or a romantic dinner. The atmosphere is comfortable and relaxing with a low noise level that makes conversation easy. The food is delicious - our table shared several appetizers, all wonderfully flavorful. For lunch I had flounder with mushroom risotto that was light and flavorful. The desserts are a must as well. The service was attentive and professional. A very pleasant dining experience!

Visited May 2014
Annapolis, Maryland
“Enjoyed so much sitting by the open-air table I went twice!”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

The weather was great, the doors were open and I enjoyed dinner (spinach tofu miso salad) and breakfast (egg, farm cheddar cheese, chives sandwich with sliced apples garnish) a cup of joe. Friendly, casual and great food, smoothies, coffee made to order.

Visited May 2014