“We just returned from France and this is the real thing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bistro Bobette

Bistro Bobette
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Bobette is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #70 of 1,602 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: South 12th
Description: Bistro Bobette, Richmond's first authentic French Bistro serving comfort food in Historic Shockoe Slip. Our atmosphere is lively,chic casual and we strive to provide our guests with the utmost in professional service and quality cuisine. We utilize local,organic seasonal ingredients.Menu includes classic French fare, steak frites, mussels, quiche, homemade soups, charcuterie, tartare, escargots, house made terrines/pate, salads, fish and meats, complimented with an expansive wine menu. All desserts are homemade. Specials change daily. Menu changes monthly . 3 course Chef's Pre Fixe nightly from 5-6. for 22. Special Bar Bites available nightly.
Baltimore, MD
“We just returned from France and this is the real thing!”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We have just returned from SW France (Pyrenees-Atlantique Department) and I had to come to Richmond on business. I had been here a year or so ago and loved it and I still do! It is better than ever in fact. I ate at the bar two nights in a row and after choosing among some wonderful French wines with the help of Olivier I selected the Cassoulet the first night and the Daube Provencal the second. I've had Cassoulet many times in Toulouse France and the one served at Bistro Bobette was just like Toulousienne Cassoulet. But the Daube! Wow. You have to try this beef stew especially with one of the red wines from southern France. It was full of flavor and is served with a dollop of truffle mac and cheese in the middle. Finished off the night with a glass of Armagnac. Will always go back to the Bistro when in Richmond.
Vive le Bistro Bobette!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank drdiptera
Bistro B, Owner at Bistro Bobette, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at B. Bobette.
We are so pleased that you enjoyed everything. We strive to provide the utmost in Food and Service and your feedback is essential ao that. Thank you again.

Los Angeles, California
“Best meal I have had in Richmond”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We were in town for parents weekend at Richmond and found this place by looking at on-line reviews. It was as good as people say. The chef takes his cooking seriously and the dishes are fairly ambitious. Food is great and Wendy was fairly animated and very chatty and friendly. Had the duck foie gras it was excellent. Also had a fish dish which was good as well. Would highly recommend and for the money a much better meal than Can Can brasserie. Space was pretty and that neighborhood is really charming.

• Visited October 2013
New York
“Paris in Richmond””
Reviewed October 2, 2013

In the last week of September, we traveled to Virginia . We stopped in Richmond to celebrate my husband's Birthday. After doing some research, I made reservations at Bistro Bobette because we love good French food. But in reality, it was much better than our expectations. The atmosphere was wonderful and the food was amazing! I started with the duck Foie Gras, and I have to say the best I have ever had. Foie Gras-my absolute favorite food, and this is always my first choice for appetizer. It was cooked to perfection! For the Main Course I had the calf's liver. It was cut perfectly and the seasoning was addictive. My husband had the escargot and monk fish, ratatouille nicoise olive tapenade and it was delightful. Even our grandson, who eats very little, also, said that the Pommes frites ( French fries) were delicious . The service was at the highest quality. I would like to say a special thanks to manager Erin for her ability to create the atmosphere of coziness and comfort, and, of course, the owner Wendy, a woman of 1000000 volts, which does not forget each customer and treated them as dearest friends.

• Visited September 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“French Country in Dixie”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Love casual french cooking and this place has it in spades. The salads, appetizers and entree was out of site typical french--simple meals, yet the flavors are sophisticated in taste and presentation.

Visited September 2013
New York, NY
“So Welcoming!”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Wendy couldn't have been more friendly, inviting, informative and fun. We felt like we were guests in her home. That was just the amuse bouche to the marvelous meal that followed.
Tasty but not too fussy. Imaginative specials, appropriate wine list. We will certainly return!

• Visited September 2013