“A local gem!”
Review of Bistro Bobette

Bistro Bobette
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Bobette is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 1,735 Restaurants in Richmond
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: South 12th
Description: Bistro Bobette, Richmond's first authentic French Bistro serving comfort food in Historic Shockoe Slip. Our atmosphere is lively,chic casual and we strive to provide our guests with the utmost in professional service and quality cuisine. We utilize local,organic seasonal ingredients.Menu includes classic French fare, steak frites, mussels, quiche, homemade soups, charcuterie, tartare, escargots, house made terrines/pate, salads, fish and meats, complimented with an expansive wine menu. All desserts are homemade. Specials change daily. Menu changes monthly . 3 course Chef's Pre Fixe nightly from 5-6. for 22. Special Bar Bites available nightly.
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Our evening could not have been more special. We love the atmosphere, the service, and the food. The chef is French, yet manages to keep the food light and delicious. Wendy, his wife, oversees the dining room. She is extremely welcoming and friendly and makes sure you are always happy. A great find!

1  Thank Funtravel25

Reviewed March 4, 2012

Both my husband and I loved the food here. I had the pork medallions and my husband had fish. Both were prepared to perfection. The atmosphere was particularly nice and the wait staff was helpful in selecting our meal.

2  Thank Boston59_10
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Warm, inviting atmosphers. Service is impeccable; the owner also came out to introduce herself and to see how our evening was going.

Salad was okay but bread and main courses were delicious! I had the ribeye and my fiancé had the pork medallions and duck confit. Both were so good! Waiter said that everything is made on site.

Creme brûlée for dessert - best I've had.

2  Thank Psy1ocke
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Wonderful French food in a gorgeous modern environment. Love the paintings. The owner is so friendly and always stops by for a fun chat. Definitely one of my favorites.

1  Thank middent2
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I've wanted to try Bistro Bobinette since it first popped up as an ad on my facebook page. When we visited there today, we were not dissapointed.

The Bistro is located in the downtown Shockhoe Slip business district of Richmond. The place is chic and well appointed. Service was excellent and unrushed even at lunch time.

The Escargots Pernod were wonderful and very subtly flavored. A nice crusty baguette served to mop up every unctuous drop of garlic butter. I then opted for a simple pommes frites with a handmade pork charcuterie sausage on a baguette. It was adorned with fresh stone ground mustard and melted Gruyere cheese. Simple and substantial! Very reminiscent of similar offerings in French or Belgian cafes. With lunch washed down with a bottle of French sparkling water and after lunch coffee, I was a happy guy. My daughter felt the same.

The menu is varied, locally sourced and changes often. I was impressed to see Artic Char on the menu, but, passed, since that little delicacy is more of an evening entree in my opinion.

When I asked the waiter about game and other hard to get goodies, he mentioned that the Bistro does offer specials such as grouse, and squab which I love. So, I plan to get on Bistro Bobinette's e-mail list so that I can track special upcoming menu offerings.

The Bistro also offers a three course early bird menu for about $22. Dinner at this fine eaterie doesn't have to break the bank you you are on a budget.

Can't wait to go back to sample the evening menu.

1  Thank RetiredIam

Been to Bistro Bobette? Share your experiences!