“Good Food - Good Service!”

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Ranked #51 of 1,602 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is located on Robious Road at the Shoppes at Belvedere. We offer authentic wood-fired steaks, seafood, specialty cocktails and select wines. Join us for Happy Hour every Monday thru Friday 4PM - 7PM and Saturday & Sunday 1-5PM in the FIREBAR(R) and on the Patio. We offer top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. Visit us online to learn more.
Greenwood, Indiana
“Good Food - Good Service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

We met our nephew and his wife at Firebirds for lunch, it being close to her work place.
We were greeted cordially and seated promptly. The decor is "steak house" consistent with the name and was pleasant.
I ordered Steak au Poivre while my wife chose the chicken salad, asking for extra dried cranberries.
The salad was excellent and our server provided a generous side dish with additional "craisins." My steak was cooked perfectly (two small sirloins totally about 8 oz) and sliced into nice thin pieces. One of the two steaks was a little chewy but the other was very nice. The accompanying golden mashed potatoes were tasty as well but a little dry. I saw no crushed pepper corns on the steak but the server added some at my request when he asked my wife if she wanted pepper - I have never seen steak au poivre (steak with pepper) served without visible pepper. Our server brough some butter with which I "creamed" the mashed potatoes to a nice consistency.
Service was good but not great. I'd make the same comment regarding the food - good but not great. Our experience was consistent with our expectations and we would definitely return.

• Visited May 2014

“Very Uncomfortable Experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

Food good as always. But, when we were seated my mother-in-law and I immediately felt a strong cold breeze right on us coming from a vent. We immediately informed our waiter and he told us he had reported it and it would be fixed. One hour and a half later, still shivvering, and the waiter noticed each visit. No update on fixing our problem or an offer to move to a more comfortable table. Frankly, I like the place. But, why in the world would I ever want to go back when we are treated like this?

Visited May 2014
Firebirdsgrill, Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our Richmond location. The situation that you are describing sounds truly frustrating and falls short of the service quality we aim to deliver. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. Your feedback is invaluable to us, and we will be sharing your experience with our management team.
“Date night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went for "date night". Service was quick and food is good. Try the coconut shrimp as app or entrée.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Terrific experience at Firebirds in Richmond”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Went to Firebirds with 4 colleagues on a Tuesday night. The restaurant was crowded but we we had reservations and were seated immediately. Our waiter was very attentive, and his knowledge of the wines was quite impressive. Four of us had steaks (which they said were great), and I had salmon. The salmon was very good, but not awesome. However, the side salad was FABULOUS (made so by their dressing and nuts). Wine was a little pricy at $11 per glass, but I don't usually drink in restaurants, so this may be typical. Will definitely go back!

• Visited March 2014
Midlothian, Virginia
“I'll never go hungry again!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

Wanting something special for Valentine's Day we came here for nice steaks and for these prices one would expect them to be cooked properly to order. We ordered a filet mignon almost well done and a rib eye medium. First time the filet was medium and my rib eye rare, OK, they're rushed being busy, so we wait for new ones. Second time the filet is rare and my rib eye is shoe leather. Third time's a charm? Nope, this isn't Once Upon a Time. The filet is dry with the bacon wrap rubbery and my rib eye still on the rare end but after an hour you'd eat the rear end of a dead rhino. Each time we get a different manager apologizing and promising it will be fixed. The waiter, Luke, is even getting annoyed with the kitchen but he stays cool and professional, delivers top notch service and gets us everything else we ask for.

The iced tea is nice and dark and my Sam Adams is perfect. While waiting we get comped salads. Remember we're hungry and watching a few tables that sat after us finished and leaving. The sides, fries and a baked potato, keep getting redone too and they look like manna at this point which we would have been better off just eating with the hot delicious bread, load up on carbs and find a fast food burger joint later. We decide to just leave but the latest manager (guess they went up the chain) says because of our poor experience we can have the meal on the restaurant's dime. After over an hour and just tired we eat the dinner and say it's fine this time (it wasn't but waiting for a fourth time is no go). All of the players in our dinner-theater apologize and ask that we come back and give them another try to see that they can get it right the first time.

I'm always one to give someone a second chance so we will be back and 'as God is my witness I'll never go hungry again!' - Scarlett (& Rhett)

• Visited February 2014

Been to Firebirds Wood Fired Grill? Share your experiences!