“Firebirds in Midlothian location ...”

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 1,644 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is located on Robious Road at the Shoppes at Belvedere. We offer authentic wood-fired steaks, seafood, specialty cocktails and select wines. Join us for Happy Hour every Monday thru Friday 4PM - 7PM and Saturday & Sunday 1-5PM in the FIREBAR(R) and on the Patio. We offer top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. Visit us online to learn more.
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Like most popular places, this place gets fairly loud on busy weekeends. The bar area is spacious compared to the one in short pump location and has a nice ambience. Although the menu is not extensive, they do have a good variety. 1/2 price appetizers and reduced price beverages during the happy hour are nice. The fresh bread was tasty. We visited on a Friday night and although it was busy, our service was fine and food was prepared right. I have visited several times; the service and food have been consistently good thus far.

Reviewed December 15, 2011

I have loved this Firebirds. The salads are usually excellent and the beef very tasty. Tonight, not so much. My white wine was warm, the salad was actually gooey with dressing, and the ribeye steak thin and blah! Certainly, not worth it's $24 price. The potato and chicken Quesadilla were tasty, but that was it. And no one was interested in whether we enjoyed our dinner or not. The dining room was packed, so I guess they won't miss our business. So disappointing!

Reviewed September 27, 2011

This place never has an "off" day. Always consistent. Food is delicious with a wide variety of items from which to choose. Happy hour is one of the best in the area, 1/2 priced selected appetizers and reduced priced adult beverages. Great atmosphere and has the ability to handle large groups. Families should feel very comfortable, and the seperate bar area (with a fireplace) is more adult oriented. Sit outside, nice loveseats surround the firepit. Wait staff is very attentive and the manager is frequently seen on the floor, keeping a eye out that things are flowing smoothly.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

This is a good restaurant for a smaller group when you're not sure what everyone likes. There's a little of everything, though vegetarian needs are mostly met through appetizers and salads. I tried the rack of ribs, which were moist and covered in a sauce whose sweetness was balanced by an underlying coffee flavor - excellent. All 4 of us had different entrees and all enjoyed them. Servings are generous. Service was timely.

Reviewed September 19, 2011

This is my third time visiting this location of Firebirds; and it definately is different than the W. Broad St. location. My first contact with them the night of 9/16/11, was by phone to see about how long the wait was going to be, since it was a Friday night; to my suprise - no wait. The hostess asked if she could put me on "the list" and asked what time I'd arrive. I was VERY pleased that this was offered to me - and on arrival, a few couples where waiting for tables and my party was promptly seated. A+ for this part of the service. Great Job Firebirds.

Now the food is well prepared, but I can't say anything really had a "wow" factor. Fire grilled steaks, salmon salads, BLT salads, coconut shrimp, and some other chain basics are there. The BLT salads are great, however, on this trip the bacon was overdone and almost hurt to eat. I'm guessing an off night.

Overall, the food was good and was prompt for a Friday night. The service was not up to normal standards, even if it was the server's last night. Twice items were requested - one for tortilla chips, never recieved; one for a second beer, 15 mins passed and I'd finished my meal before it was served. Could have been this was just a fluke with this one server, I don't know. But two things you need to know if you're going to go - 1) Noise level is extremely loud, very difficult to hear your party speaking (and no I'm not old nor have diminished hearing) and 2) not a restaurant for children, yes, there is a kids menu and crayons, but loudness/long waits, not good.