“Great view !”

The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 1,728 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Scenic view, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing has brought award-winning dining to the banks of the James River. The restaurant occupies the top floor of the recently restored Power Plant building, which once provided electricity for Richmond’s fleet of trolley cars. The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing specializes in seafood as well as its signature wood-stone oven flatbreads. With indoor and outdoor dining, offering stunning views of the river and city skyline, The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing promises a truly one-of-a-kind, waterside dining experience never before available in Richmond.
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I used a Living Social coupon to visit the Boathouse. I found the food to be good, not spectacular as I anticipated. First I can say it has a wonderful view of the river and city but the food was lacking. The staff was courteous and helpful but the food let me down. We had reservations at 6:00. When making reservations you have to leave a credit card number, not familiar with this practice but went along. We were seated quickly and our server, Brandon, was prompt, courteous, and helpful with our selections. Had the crab pups for an appetizer and they were probably the highlight of my food selections. For dinner I had the crab cakes with brussel sprouts and asparagus. Good, but as I said not spectacular. Prices are comparable to Bookbinders im my opinion. One thing on the menu that I MAY return to try is the pizza. Looked good, thin crust. It was a Wednesday evening and was very busy for the middle of the week. Can only surmise the weekends would be a little crazy. As I stated the view outdid the food. No problem with on street parking but that would probably be a problem on weekend also.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Service, view, wine list, food and it could not have been better. We have a perfect early dinner on the first warm sunny afternoon after the storm. So good to be outside and looking at the water.\Perfect.

1  Thank hairlady10
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The Boathouse is our favorite place to take out of town guests or to celebrate special occasions because its location overlooking the James River is unique in Richmond. Even though Richmond is on the river there are only a couple of restaurants that take advantage of the view. The food has definitely improved over the years which I believe is the result of responding to the feedback from the public. The crab cakes are delicate with minimal fillers. Pizzas are fresh and tasty. All the appetizers are so good that I recommend eating tapas style. Order them all and just enjoy. During the afternoon you can enjoy a drink on the deck and watch the local rowing teams from U of R and VCU as they practice. But my favorite is watching the sunset behind the silhouette of Richmond's skyline.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We had only gone to Boathouse at Sunday Park which we LOVE and it's close to where we live but thanks to LIVING SOCIAL; we tried the "other Boathouse" tonight NOW we are hooked.
THE view is amazing with the river and nighttime skyline of River City.....what I loved best was
the awesome gaslamps lining the outdoor seating. WE shall have to return to eat outside in
a few weeks. THE food was outstanding; I had shrimp and grits ~ amazing with dried tomatoes/bacon/cheese and huge shrimp ~lots of them (brought 1/2 home) my husband got
the filet mignon with a crabcake (he's a former restaurant owner) and was VERY impressed; we both agree Ruth's Chris steaks are NOT better than this was!! LOVE IT!!! OH and the manager tracked us down before we left, cuz she heard it was our FIRST time gave us a coupon for FREE apps next time so we are there!!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Free Parking is definitely a perk!. My experience only got better from there. From the time I entered this establishment the staff oozed hospitality. I was seated on the 2nd. level where I could see the pizza being prepared to order as well the oyster I ordered which were AWESOME.

After two orders of CHAPEL CREEK OYSTERS I decide to try CRAB & LOBSTER ROLL. which was phenomenal. Brian was an attentive server and the manager Cory Campbell introduced himself and ensure I had a wonderful evening at the Boathouse.

I will definitely return to try the larger dishes.