“Transplanted New Yorker finds joy...”

Capriccio Pizza Inc.
Ranked #304 of 1,607 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tampa, Florida
“Transplanted New Yorker finds joy...”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I've been in Richmond for almost 3 years and came to the conclusion that I will never bust a decent slice ever again. Don't get me totally wrong, Bottom's Up Pizza in Shockoe Slip is FANTASTIC Sicilian style pizza. What I really wanted though was a fold in half style slice, not caked down with TONS of cheese. I wanted the super thin crust, with quality cheese and sauce, served in a pizza oven, not in a gourmet brick oven with fancy mushrooms, etc...This place came pretty darned close...not perfect, but enough to make me smile on this first bite!!! As for the wait staff, pretty much what you would expect, high schoolers, etc - I could care less about that on my hunt for a decent slice!!!!!

I read many, many reviews yesterday on lots of pizzerias - I really, really wanted a good pie and refuse to believe they can't figure this out only a few hours away from NY. Turns outs the owners are from Jersey (close enough). I am glad we went, it didn't disappoint..my only complaint......................the bathrooms. For real, there was a huge whole in the wall stuffed with paper towels and the lighting was "intermittent". Upon washing my hands I noticed other small drill wholes all over the bathroom - seriously, CLEAN this up owners! it's just plain creepy!!!! Otherwise, nice pizzeria, nice decor, typical staff, good pizza makers!!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank kewood99

Kingsport, Tennessee
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were looking for a great place to eat pizza and we certainly found it at Capriccio's. The help was great. We were served in a very short time and they cooked our pizza exactly to our wishes. We will go there again on our next visit to Richmond.

Visited June 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Good pizza for Richmond”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We are from Jersey where the pizza is better than anywhere else in the USA, so in our efforts to find a pizza place that can compare to the delicious Jersey pizza Capriccio's is at the top of our list here in Richmond.
The dough is almost thin enough and the sauce isn't too sweet/sugary, plus they use tasty cheese and other toppings.
As always the pizza is best fresh out of the oven, but even leftover or re-heated or cold this pie is still pretty good.
They also make a good steak stromboli if you want something other than pizza.
They don't deliver so be prepared for pick-up or dine-in service, but it's worth it if you want Jersey style pizza because there doesn't seem to be any other place in Richmond that even comes close to the Jersey pizza we miss so much.
Overall, it ain't no Jersey pizza but it's the closest you'll find down here so order a pie and eat up!!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank lolatoes
Bridgeport, Connecticut
“Great place!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

this place is kind of hidden in the tj maxx shopping center.. we walked by it and decided to go in... we were quite surprised with the food... it was very good... and plentiful..we did not have the pizza, the linguine and clam sauce was delicious as well as the ziti with tomato sauce.. my friend had the caprese salad which i was a little disappointed that the basil was dark, as if it was previously frozen.. other than that we will be back to try the pizza. the blond waitress we had was entertaining.. very sweet...

• Visited January 2013
Virginia
“Good again”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Went for pizza at lunch time and enjoyed a deluxe personal pizza. This is the third time eating there (always for lunch) and it was good again. It is the best pizza in the Far West End so far.I also like the crushed ice in the soft drinks. Although I did not have a beer, it looks like they have a decent selection.

• Visited July 2012

Been to Capriccio Pizza Inc.? Share your experiences!