“helpful staff”

Hampton Inn Richmond South
Ranked #28 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed December 2, 2013

The facilities were very comfortable and clean. The staff was most helpful and accomodating. It is conveniently located just of I-77. Security is very good and the amenties in the room were just what we needed.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sangeeta_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond South, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

I am so happy to know you have enjoyed your stay with us. The staff appreciates it too. Please do come back and see us again!!
Have a wonderful holiday season ahead!!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Clean, courteous, charming, effecient, comfortable, convenient... need I say more? I definitely recommend this hotel for a family feel stay. The breakfast was awesome and the room clean and quiet. Spread the news!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sangeeta_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond South, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

We are very delighted to know you have enjoyed your stay with us at the Hampton Inn Richmond. Thank you for staying with us. I am so glad that this is a home away from home for you. Do come back and see us again!!!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Stayed here for Richmond marathon. 15 minutes from the start/finish area. We stayed 2 nights, but heard that you can check out of the room, they will hold your luggage and provide a place to shower if you want a "late check out" and they can't accommodate due to cleaning staff. A shower after a race is all I ever want. Great service!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are very delighted to know you have enjoyed your stay with us at the Hampton Inn Richmond. Thank you for staying with us and giving us the oppotunity to cater to your needs during the marathon weekend. Do come back and see us again!!!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

My Husband and I traveled to Richmond for my first ever full Marathon. This hotel was on the list of recommended places to stay by the races administrators.. The price was very reasonable especially for a very busy weekend when hotels were selling out fast. We expected a average hotel and didn't expect any extras.. Well were we surprised when we got there. This hotel is beautiful, not a spot of dust any where, the staff was very friendly and professional. We were given a huge room with a fridge and microwave (was just perfect as I had my smoothie ingredients to blend up before my big run), the breakfast was great with more then enough to get you started on a big day. Didn't have time to use the pool or fitness facility but will next time. Also right next door to Subway which is great and a sports bar/restaurant across the street. - I absolutely give this a 5 star!! Edna Jamieson

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was in town for the Richmond Anthem Marathon. I arrived 15 minutes early and was told I had to wait in the lobby to check in. There was no explanation or anything. When I went back to the counter, the manager acted like I wasn't even there. I had to wait for the other employee to hang up from a business call while the manager continued to ignore me. The other employee was quite helpful. I refuse average service or anything less. If all the hotels in the area weren't booked due to the race, I would have stayed somewhere else. I've been able to check in early to other hotels in the Richmond area even several hours early with no problem. 15 minutes!!! Are you kidding me.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

My sincerest apologies to you for the miscommunication and I really appreciate your patience and understanding while we resolve this issue and take precautions for it to not happen in the future. I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback as it is extremely important to us.Please do come back and see us again!!!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

If you're in the area, this is a solid choice. Up to date Hampton Inn experience. Great staff, clean well maintained property. Nothing out of the ordinary, which is probably a good thing. The area is ok, close to the transportation and usual amenties.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

We are very delighted to know you have enjoyed your stay with us at the Hampton Inn Richmond. Thank you for staying with us. Do come back and see us again!!!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Staff was friendly upon check in and each time we arrived. Breakfast was well stocked and the rooms were very clean. The hotel was convenient to downtown Richmond (about 10-15 mins away) without the huge price tag of a downtown hotel. The one complaint we had was the interstate was very loud. Semi's passing sounded like thunder. Try to book rooms on the opposite side of the hotel - away from the highway if possible. Might help?

Room Tip: Try to get on the opposite side away from the highway.