“EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT!”

Ranked #29 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Virginia Beach
“EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We were visiting the area for a soccer tournament and the hotel was Great. Convienently located right off I-95. From the Front Desk Clerk to the Breakfast Lady, all employees were super friendly and gracious. We initially made reservations for a room with a King Size bed, but later needed to change our reservation to two Queen Size beds. Initially, since the hotel was sold out, we were informed that there were none available. However, to our delight, when we arrived, the staff had managed to get us a room with 2 Queen Size beds. The beds were super comfortable. Additionally, the breakfast buffet was great. All the usuals...eggs, sausage, potatoes, cereal, muffins, waffles, danishes, fruit, oatmeal, juices, etc. This hotel also as an indoor pool that my 12 year old thoroughly enjoyed after his soccer games. Lastly, this hotel was over $25.00 cheaper than other hotels that did not have as many ammenities. Great Deal! In closing, if you are going to Richmond and have an event that is nearby, this is an Excellent hotel to stay at. Great job by everyone!

Room Tip: Recommend getting a room that is ot facing I-95.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the room decor, hotel in general and hot and cold breakfast buffet items. The hotel is in South Richmond so not the best area, but fine for weeend to attend teen's swim meet nearby. Would recommend and stay there again. The staff was friendly. Subway right next door, but had to travel 4-5 miles to get to some better restaurants.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I enjoyed my my stay at your location it was very conveniently located to my Church.
The staff was excellent very pleasant and informative manager.
I will stay at your hotel every time that i am in your area.I will also recommend this hotel to all my friends and brothers traveling to your area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This hotel is very convenient to where we needed to be that day. It was very clean and comfortable. The staff could not have been more helpful. The breakfast that was included was much better than I have found in many hotels. Thanks!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ric
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I was a little apprehensive about booking in the Bells Rd. area. Not the best. However my husband had an appointment at the VA so it was the closest. What a pleasant surprise! Such a nice greeting from the gentleman at the front desk. Our room was very clean and nice. We awoke to a dusting of snow covering the grass...beautiful! We had breakfast the next morning in an open and spacious room, newly decorated. The lady attending was wonderful. She stayed busy the whole time I was down (close to an hour) and kept the room clean and prepped. If I had a complaint it would be that I was subjected to CNN for that hour. Thank goodness I had my own reading material.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Talysen
PrinceMba, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond South, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Hearing from a happy guest makes our day and you have shown with your kind words that my staff took good care of you and family during your recent stay.We love having you here and hope to host you again in the near future.

Clement
Needham, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This hotel does not have any suites. Our room was terrible. The shower was full of mildew, The toilet paper holder was loose on the wall, and their remedy was to stuff toilet paper around it as a repair, the refrigerator was wobbly, the desk light didn't work and most disgusting, pillow cases were used, stained and dirty,

Room Tip: Don't come here.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
PrinceMba, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond South, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

My sincere apologies regarding your experiences during your recent stay.This is not who,we are and unfortunately,this experience may have left a very bad taste about us.The only way to correct this is by giving us another chance.I am very sorry and I hope you find a moment of your busy schedule to call me before you make another visit to our area.I will guarrantee you a 100% satisfaction.
Graham, North Carolina
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Friendly staff, beautiful room. Quiet and clean. Excellent internet service. Staff responds immediately. Workout room excellent. Clean, easy to get to from rt 95. Convenient parking with a restaurant immediately across the road. There is only so much you can say about something but this program demands 200 character minimum. so let me finish by saying I will try to choose Hampton Inn's for my hotel stay from now on. Praise the Lord and keep Him in your heart., Rev. Perry

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
PrinceMba, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond South, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Happy New year and truly very glad to hear the kind words regarding your stay.We love having you here.

Clement