“Beautiful Hampton, Noisy Night”

Hampton Inn Richmond South
Ranked #29 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Indiana
“Beautiful Hampton, Noisy Night”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This Hampton Inn is very attractive and staff are friendly and helpful. Our room was disappointing because there was no lounging chair in the room and it was extremely small. The road noise was very disturbing so we did not enjoy a good night of sleep. We could hear the people in the hallway and the trucks on the road in front of the hotel made a terrible vibration due to the grid on the highway. Breakfast was nicely served and quite adequate. We cannot say that this is a Hampton we would select on another trip to Richmond.

Room Tip: Select a room on the Interstate side of hotel so that you don't hear the trucks on the road in f...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
PrinceMba, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond South, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
I am very sad to hear about the road noise.I hope you give us another chance to change your room direction.Please come back.We love having you here at Hampton Inn,Richmond south.

Clement Mba

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stayed here for a number of nights and had a great time. Service was awesome. Rooms clean. The employee who takes care of the restaurant area (sorry, did not catch her name) was always a ray of sunshine! Jeff at front desk was especially helpful.

There was some noise, but what would you expect from a hotel that is near the highway? I could hear the road when awake, but it did not stop me from sleeping. The person I was with said she slept better at the hotel than at home.

Food is not right across the street, but tons of options if you are willing to drive 20-25 minutes.

• Stayed August 2012
PrinceMba, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond South, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
We are very delighted to have you as our guest.We love having you here at Hampton Inn Richmond south.

Prince Mba
Wimauma, Florida
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Really impressed with how clean and well kept hotel was.The hotel was full, but there was always enough at the breakfast buffet. The woman who took care of it was super nice and was always cleaning and making sure everybody had what they needed. . If you forget your razor, toothbrush or shaving cream-call the desk, they will supply it for you(That really surprised me)Raphael was supposed to fix our bill, as we were not charged the right rate-check your bill. Someone said it would be noisy being off of 95, we had no problem. There is also a small pool, small business center with 2 computers and exercise room. Rooms also have a microwave and fridge. Coffee is always available, Would stay again if in the area.Desk staff very helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
PrinceMba, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond South, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thanks for your recent stay and we are looking forward to meeting you and your beautiful family again.You did mention about somekind of adjustment.Please let me know when next you are in our hotel to take care of the necessary adjustment for you.Thanks again for the opportunity to serve you and your family.

Prince Mba
USA
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stayed here after visiting the Virginia State House and a Richmond Flying Squirrels game.

Property is nice and clean and I would definitely stay here again. Breakfast was good and fresh. They had pre-made omelets and you could make your own waffles. It's located on the southside of Richmond right off I-95, perfect for travelling southbound.

Only drawback was our room faced I-95 and at times you could hear the traffic.

Lots of tv stations on new tv's.

To go bags, filled with water, fruit, muffin and a snack cake available for free in the morning. Also, free USAToday available.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
PrinceMba, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond South, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
We are honored to serve you during your recent stay.We are very happy to hear about your great experiences.Please come back soon.Your lunch is on us.

Prince Clement Mba
Naples, Florida
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We had a great one night stay. The rooms were clean and the staff was great. Very nice place and one wie will ALWAYS stop at on our trips.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ParadiseMillers
PrinceMba, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond South, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
My Team and I are humbled and we are looking forward to meeting you again.Join us for breakfast when you in the area.

Prince Clement Mba
Southc Carolina
Reviewed June 30, 2012

This Hampton Inn is new and clean. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful (I was impressed). Breakfast was great. I had a small issue and it was addressed immediately and the Mgr followed up twice to make sure my stay was going well. Location is literally right off 95 so it was perfect for us as we were just passing thru. Not much around except industry so you will have to drive everywhere if you are visiting Richmond. I am very very picky when it comes to hotels and I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kbghh
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond South, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Woow,

My team and I are delighted to hear that we can make a difference in creating joy and pleasure to you during your recent stay with us.We are very humbled.I am writnig this to express our sincere gratitude and thanks for the kind words

Prince Clement.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Well this place was a lifesaver! After leaving the red roof inn in the middle of the night when we found roaches in the bed...we came here hoping to find a room. The night manager, (Dana maybe?) was super nice and found us a king room. The rooms are pretty and most of all, clean! I really enjoyed my stay. This place saved my trip!

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Angela T
We are very happy to assist in creating joy and happiness to your family during your recent stay in our beautiful hotel.We love having you here.

Prince Clement