“A jewel in the rough”

Cuisines: Mexican, South American
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Tucked away in a small strip mall is a wonderful little restaurant with a silly name and terrific food. Order anything with their specialty which is chicken. I had the burrito grande and it was delicious. You have to try the fried Yucca!! It was great. Definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank Sympatica_RI

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Me and my family just randomely selected this place (their Midlothian Turnpike location) for dinner last night (June 28, 2013), because we have seen it but never stopped before because on the outside it looks like a "hole in the wall" type of place, BUT.....WE ARE SO GLAD WE FINALLY STOPPED IN HERE IT WAS FANTASTIC. Sometimes as they say, its true...."never judge a book by its cover indeed". This place had the best tasting chicken we have had in a very very long time, 100% delicious. The place is bigger than you think it is once you open the door and go inside. They also have a very nice menu of selections (plentiful and tasty). They don't just serve chicken, on the menu are steaks and pork as well. When we were there someone ordered steak and it looked yummy. The restaurant is very very clean too and nicely set up inside, not fancy, but very decent and ample places to sit for dining in. The staff is very friendly and will even give you a sample to taste some things. They have a very nice take out area as well, and the take out menu is so nice that you would think it was not to take out with you, but it is, a very nice laminate take home menu for you to take, colorful with much to choose from.

Parking is with small spaces in the front, but I think that there is some parking in the back, not sure, but you can get around the back of the building, and it appears to have "probably" better parking than it does in the front of the restaurant, the thing is that nobody knows to go there, like us, we came for the first time and only assumed to park in the front of the restaurant, and again as I mentioned, in the front of the restaurant the parking is very tight spaces, because it is small, again be sure to check the back of the restaurant for parking if you go there.

If you plan to dine in, what you have to do is, first order what you want at the cashiers and pay for it, and they will give you a beeper that lights up, and then you go immediately and pick your own seat and get your own drink at the beverage area, when the food is ready you go up and get it yourself. There is no one waiting on you, but there is a person around cleaning each and every booth and all the sitting areas. It didn't appear that there were any tipping at the tables, but I did see a Tip Box at the register, for those who would like to Tip the Restaurant.

I ordered the 1/2 chicken meal (it comes with your choice of 2 sides), and I chose the rice (yellow rice) and salad, my husband chose one of the Enchilada Meals and that also came with two sides, he chose the beans & rice, my daughter, age 7, ordered the chicken Quaicedas (my spelling here may not be accurate on this word), but her meal was very very tasty, and very well presented, they don't have milk or juice for anyone, except they do have a Mango Juice that looks fresh, but we didn't try it this visit, maybe on our next we will try it, instead we ordered sodas this visit. The sodas are in a fountain, located at their beverage station (coke, sprite, fanta, Ice Tea, not too much on the choices for soda but sufficient), very nice set up.

This place was certainly a spectacular find for us, and the prices are very reasonable, and they have some yummy dessert choices, which include "fried" ice-cream. We plan to most definitely be back there again, we loved it very much indeed. I would have kept this a secret from everyone so that we can have this place be our "secret", but it does seem like they already have some folks who have already known about this place and have been keeping it to themselves...LOL...in any event, we are not selfish and we share this knowledge about this fantastic restaurant with all of you. I hope you go and enjoy it, we certainly did, we loved the taste of the food, and the place was not fancy but very clean and friendly service. We plan to keep going back and trying more of their entrees and great foods. Sorry I have no pictures to share of this place, and as I said, we picked this place with no plans, and we don't walk around with cameras all the time, but trust what I wrote you here indeed. Oh and by the way, they advertise that they do catering of this delicious food. As far as outdoor seating, they only had one unbrella table and chairs, and it was in the parking area, in the front of the place, and so I don't know if it is for anyone to use or not, but who would want to eat right out by the cars like that.....better to eat inside.

1  Thank DeoniaNeveu
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My wife and I have recently found a great liking for Chicken Fiesta. The freshly cooked and rotisserie chicken is excellent by itself, in tacos or Burritos. The place is clean and the staff is super attentive and friendly. They've even given us samples of some of the menu items to try before we buy and the prices can't be beat!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I had some great chicken dishes...but this is the best ever. The marinade goes all they way to the bone, and charcoal is not over powering. Warm and welcoming staff included.

Try the Passion Fruit if you like sweet drinks (very sweet).

1  Thank JuniorCritic
Reviewed March 6, 2013

What a change from the burger and sandwich scene. I always get the chicken with rice and beans (red) (charros) Seating is limited but if you get there a couple of minutes ahead or after lunch, generally you can find a spot. Good price for the quantity. Steak burrito is good also.

1  Thank STGVirginia