“OK, food was OK. Prices too high.”

Siam Paragon Thai Cuisine
Ranked #357 of 1,729 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I think everything was good overall, but the prices are insanely high. I had the Pad Thai, it was good, good size- portion, but it was still like $14. And then other folks had the curry chicken, the chicken was tough and very small portion. The pan fried noodles also were a small portion. The spring rolls were OK, the dumplings seemed like frozen food and half cooked. I would return because of the close location but not worth the price overall. Go o Pescados next door.

Reviewed September 4, 2011

The staff was friendly enough, and the atmosphere of the restaurant was alright, but I feel they are trying to take advantage of their location by making the menu items way too pricey. I had a chicken curry and it had no vegetables whatsoever, just chicken and the sauce, with rice on the side and cost almost $15! Basically that dish would be about $9 at most other Thai places. It was good, but our bill for the curry, one iced tea (no refills offered), I drank water, and a stir-fry noodle dish that my husband ordered was $32 before the tip! The portions were not large, so it wasn't even like you got some huge amount to take home leftovers, and we didn't order an appetizer, soup, drinks or dessert. That is just too much to pay when the food isn't anything out of the ordinary. I thought it was ridiculous. We certainly won't return.

1  Thank ilove2travel4
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We ate lunch for the first time in Siam Paragon, and were very pleased with our choice. As we entered the restaurant we were greeted by a staff member, and made welcome. The restaurant was clean and inviting, bright and cheerful. Very quickly, our waiter attended us--and he was knowledgeable as well as pleasant. We decided to order appetizers and soup to "test out" the food. Our spring rolls were crispy, neatly cut into bite size pieces, accompanied by a delicious sauce. The tugged shrimp were generous sized, also crispy and tasty, with a nice sauce (hubby's favorite!) The Kanon Jeeb (steamed dumplings) were a bit of a surprise, as they were different than others we have had, but nicely seasoned and good. The won-ton soup was piping hot, not sparing of dumplings, and tasty. The owners do the cooking, including deserts--which the desert lover had to try--and he pronounced his mango and sticky rice "delicious." The owners' son found time to stop at our table and inquire if we liked our meal--during a busy lunch hour. As we exited the restaurant, he showed us a display of pictures of the different meals, to help novice Thai food customers select a meal--what a good idea! Delivery is available free within 4 miles. Assume reservations accepted, but didn't ask the question. Open 7 days a week. Looking forward to going back!

2  Thank greyhairedwanderer
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Siam Paragon moved out to the village of Midlothian this summer, so we thought we'd try this restaurant again since the new location is even closer to our home. When they moved they must have left their recipes. The spring rolls were no better than ones that can be purchased in the frozen-food section of a grocery store. The beef and vegetable dish that used to entice us to return was tasteless; the Drunken Noodles were greasy with very few vegatables. Since at the new location the prices on the menu are much higher and the quality of the food is inferior, we won't return. We were so excited to have another local option.

Reviewed June 26, 2009

My wife and I visited this restaurant last night and were very happy with the service and quality of the food. We started with an order of crispy spring rolls, calamari, and chicken satay. The calamari was one of the best I've had in the Richmond area, and the fried food wasn't too oily. For drinks we had the thai iced tea and thai iced coffee, both very good. We decided to try the drunken noodles, which I'd recommend to have with the HOT spice level. For dessert, we had the home made coconut ice cream and thai tea icecream, both which were topped with whipped cream and a drizzle of syrup. Address is 10445 Midlothian Turnpike, Richmond, 23235. This is on the south side of the road, across from a Tripps restaurant I believe.

2  Thank Jamesstone714