“Excellent accomodations” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Troy, Pennsylvania
“Excellent accomodations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2010

We really enjoyed our first experience staying at the Country Inn. The room was spacious and the lovely furniture made you feel like home. All personnel went out of their way to accomodate our needs. The hot continental breakfast was very impressive leaving our entire family satisfied for the morning and afternoon...they even had fresh baked cookies upon entering the lobby. Everything was spotless! My only complaint was poor signage to find the Inn. Our GPS told us we were "there", but we couldn't see the Inn from the road! It was especially hard on us after traveling 9 hours and arriving in the dark. It would have helped to have a sign on the highway indicating where to turn. It was located behind Hooters and sandwiched between a Quality Inn (which we could see from the road) and a Service Hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Boca Raton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2010

If you are tourists visiting Richmond, not sure there is a reason to stay here. While it's nice and the service was fine, not in the middle of anything for tourists. In general all amenities are in good shape and breakfast was OK, althought the help seemed to have an attitude that we were a bother rather than a client.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
mayushmehta, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, July 26, 2010
I apologize you were unable to find something that suites your interest in the vicinity of our hotel. We would be more than happy to help you plan activities for your future stay, if you would like to call in advance and let us know type of places you are most interested in visiting. Regarding the breakfast host, I do apologize and I would like to let you know that we have replaced that individual. From our new personnel you will be receiving the caliber of service you expect from any Country Inns & Suites By Carlson staff.
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2010

my stay her good the staff Liz and Nevis was excellent- being that i'm in the customer service field my expectations are higher because i deliver what i want to receive.. i actually had left part of my luggage there! and when i called them they were aware and just needed my info to send them to me & it was no cost!!! to me!! wow.. Liz was very very very helpful i ended up needing an extra room and she took are of it for me . i suggest staying here even though i didn't get to use amenities cause of my short stay but anytime Richmond is on my destination list i will be always faithful to them....

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Long Beach, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2010

We upgraded to a small suite and the room was excellent. Staff was helpful and friendly. Enjoyed the breakfast. This was an excellent value for the rate.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Baltimore,MD.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

The hotel was clean,well kept,with comfortable bed,pleasant decor, very good housekeeping staff performance,nice basic exercise room and pool. The parking was free and convenient, breakfast included and front desk staff polite and helpful. Fine value for
the money.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Kearneysville, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2010

The hotel is a non-smoking hotel, which immediately bumped it up a couple notches in my book. When we arrived, check-in was quick and to the point. The room was large, with plenty of room for suitcases. The room was very clean, it smelled clean and the beds were nicely made and comfortable. The bathroom was very clean, the caulking around the tub was intact and not mildew stained.

This hotel is close to many kinds of restaurants, not far from the downtown area, and near plenty of shopping.

Breakfast was good. The choices were on par for a continental breakfast, with the addition of cooked eggs and sausage. I was filled and ready to face a day of meetings each day I was there.

I liked the price for our room, and felt we received an excellent value for the money we spent. Overall a great experience. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Allentown, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2010

My fiance and I go to Nascar races at least twice a year. We decided to stay here since Richmond Raceway had this hotel on their website. As soon as we walked in the door, we knew we were staying at a great hotel. The staff is so considerate and nice. We were only in our room 5 minutes, and Liz (the front desk clerk) called our room to make sure everything was to our liking. The room was always clean after the hotel staff came in to clean it. The breakfast every morning was great. We will definitely stay at this hotel again, as the staff made sure that our stay was great. I would recommend this hotel to people who are travelling through the Richmond area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple