“Excellent value. Nice room. Free breakfast.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64
Ranked #22 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Long Beach, CA
“Excellent value. Nice room. Free breakfast.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2010

We upgraded to a small suite and the room was excellent. Staff was helpful and friendly. Enjoyed the breakfast. This was an excellent value for the rate.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Baltimore,MD.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

The hotel was clean,well kept,with comfortable bed,pleasant decor, very good housekeeping staff performance,nice basic exercise room and pool. The parking was free and convenient, breakfast included and front desk staff polite and helpful. Fine value for
the money.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Kearneysville, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2010

The hotel is a non-smoking hotel, which immediately bumped it up a couple notches in my book. When we arrived, check-in was quick and to the point. The room was large, with plenty of room for suitcases. The room was very clean, it smelled clean and the beds were nicely made and comfortable. The bathroom was very clean, the caulking around the tub was intact and not mildew stained.

This hotel is close to many kinds of restaurants, not far from the downtown area, and near plenty of shopping.

Breakfast was good. The choices were on par for a continental breakfast, with the addition of cooked eggs and sausage. I was filled and ready to face a day of meetings each day I was there.

I liked the price for our room, and felt we received an excellent value for the money we spent. Overall a great experience. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Allentown, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2010

My fiance and I go to Nascar races at least twice a year. We decided to stay here since Richmond Raceway had this hotel on their website. As soon as we walked in the door, we knew we were staying at a great hotel. The staff is so considerate and nice. We were only in our room 5 minutes, and Liz (the front desk clerk) called our room to make sure everything was to our liking. The room was always clean after the hotel staff came in to clean it. The breakfast every morning was great. We will definitely stay at this hotel again, as the staff made sure that our stay was great. I would recommend this hotel to people who are travelling through the Richmond area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2010

Had a wonderful stay. Friendly Staff, very Clean & quiet room. Location had easy access to I64. Breakfast was very good. Looking forward to our next stay

Macon, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2010

Just a short distance off I-64,on Broad Street which will take you all the way through downtown, and a few blocks in from Parham Road which can connect you to I-95 South of Richmond and I-95 North of Richmond,this hotel gives you easy access to the City of Richmond. It sits a block off of Broad Street, so look for Hooters Restaurant and turn on to the road next to it which will lead you to the Inn's parking lot. Everything was clean,big room with small refrig & microzap,big flat screen TV, coffee maker, work desk with free internet connection, and also wireless internet. Breakfast had 2 hot items(eggs and sausage), a waffle maker,yogurt,4 cereals,juice,coffee,milk bagels,danish,sweet rolls,toast and 2 kinds of muffins. Also, cookies were served in the evening at the front desk.Both the pool and hot tub were clean.In addition to the Hooters mentioned , there are all kinds of restaurants in a short distance up and down Broad Street.Staff was friendly at check-in.Bathroom was clean with the usual accessories.Plenty of free parking in front and on 1 side.Very definitely a good value,for a night of rest. We will stay there again on our next overnight in Richmond.

Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2010

We chose this hotel based on the high ratings and the fact that it was on the west side of Richmond (we were coming from the west). The hotel is sparkling new and we had no complaints about service. Since we were only staying one night, I did not book a suite or ask for a microwave. However, the online description said there was a fridge but we didn't have one; not a problem for such a short stay.

Our room was on the first floor and we were awakened early by the sounds of other guests closing doors and moving about. Also I was unimpressed by the breakfast bar and wound up eating at a nearby restaurant (Friendly's) in order to get something that didn't contain milk or wheat. An employee said that the breakfast is going to change soon; they should serve grits because this is Richmond, after all!

The hotel is non-smoking which probably helps it stay clean and fresh.

The location is okay, surrounded by sprawl but convenient to restaurants. Misled by the Broad Street address, we had trouble spotting the hotel because it was behind a mega furniture store and the sign on Broad Street is small. If you enter via Shrader Street you will not have this problem.

We were in RIchmond for Garden Week. We drove to Westover Plantation which is almost an hour away and in a different world of serene beauty. I ignored my GPS and stayed on I-64 until I saw the "James River Plantations" sign and that worked out fine. I've been to that area before and highly recommend it; the plantations offer history, natural beauty, architecture, and a slower pace of life that is delightful even for a short visit. Richmond itself is busy and can be stressful to navigate but is rich in history and culture. Civil War buffs should allow several days in Richmond; there is a lot to see.