Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64
Ranked #23 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Fort Worth
“Hidden jewel!!”
Reviewed April 1, 2010

We stayed here on a business trip. This hotel is much nicer than the others in the area. It was clean with comfortable beds. The management and staff were top notch. They make you feel at home. I will absolutely stay here again!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed March 21, 2010

Due to a snow storm heading our way we left a day earlier on our vacation to Williamsburg and needed a hotel at the last minute. We decided to stop in Richmond for the night and booked a room at this Country Inn and Suites. Check-in was very fast and the staff was very friendly. The hotel and our room was nice and clean. Comfortable beds also. The location was nice and close to restaraunts. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
New York
Reviewed September 23, 2009

This is a fairly average hotel tucked off the main drag of Richmond,virginia. It is new and the rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. My room came equipped with both a little refrigerator and a microwave. The bed was a bit soft for my taste. As my room was located on the first floor, there was just an ugly parking lot view. The curtains have blackout liners so lights from the cars was not an issue. However the walls were thinand I could hear the people next door talking and using the shower. The free internet worked well but the tv was limited. the business center featured to computers and printers. The free printing was appreciated.

The complimentary breakfast is adequate but not exciting. There are some hot items including do it yourself waffles and then an alternating hot entree. The first morning it was bisquits and gravy, the second scrambled eggs and sausage. Additonallyt here was the usual juice, coffee, tea, yogurt, assortment of cold cereals, danish and bagels.

There is no restaurant on the premises but plenty within a short distance. The bulk are chains and fast food joints with a few local places filling the many plazas along West Broad Street.

The staff is very friendly, particuarly thefront desk clerk Crystal. She does know her local eateries and attractions.

This was a fairly pedestrian hotel elevated by the friendliness of the staff. The hotel is conveniently located to I-95 and is just off 64. I had no trouble navigating the city using this hotel as a starting point.

• Stayed September 2009
Dublin, OH
Reviewed June 24, 2009

This hotel was beautiful, the staff was excellent. Great value! I which we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank HiockeyMom
new york
Reviewed June 5, 2009

Great hotel. I visit Richmond alot and usually stay at the Comfort Suites or the Hampton Inn. I tried the Country Inn & Suites this time around. Great hotel. Brand new hotel. The have fresh baked cookies available ALL DAY!!! I love the library where I can borrow a book and return it to ANY Country Inn & Suites in the world. I have found my home away from home in Richmond. I will not stay anywhere else any more.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank worldtraveler15
baltimore md
Reviewed May 31, 2009

We fell in love with this chain in Lino Lakes MN, and hoped to have a similarly great experience here. This was a really good experience, except little details here and there did not quite work for me - the pillows were too small, the bed was too soft, the sinks were too small, - but that's just me. This hotel is so new, you can smell it (not in a bad way :)). That's what makes everything look especially clean :). I loved the pool and jacuzzi, hanging out there for hours :). The breakfast was outstanding - waffles, breakfast burritos, bagels, toast, muffins, yoghurt, juice, tea. coffee, cereal, milk, - anything you want (although it did close too early on Memorial day). The staff were friendly and helpful. As long as a hotel has high-speed wireless internet and a pool+jacuzzi, I'm happy, everything else is a bonus :). I'd stay there again any time.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Virginia
Reviewed April 20, 2009

When we arrived the Front Desk Clerk, Crystal, welcomed us very kindly and warmly. She told us all the info we needed about the hotel! She offered her services and was very friendly, she even made small talk with me! Once we got into our room, everything was Beautiful. The beds were nicely made, the refrigerator was already cold, rooms were at a great temperature. We started unpacking, and got a friendly call from Crystal telling us about breakfast and the pool and jucuzzi area. Everything was so nice and clean. The pool was great and the staff really made you feel at home. Breakfast the next morning was wonderful! Scrambled eggs, sausage patties, bacon, bagels, 4 different cereals, yogurt, etc...The only complaint I believe I have is that the breakfast area really needs a bagel cutter or precut bagels. Will definately be coming back to stay at this hotel!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple