Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64
Ranked #25 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Have stayed here twice, while visiting family, and each time we were happy with the accommodations, staff and breakfast. The rooms are clean and spacious, and the beds are comfortable. The pool is a nice extra, as is the work out area. Coffee and tea are always available in the lobby. All in all, a very positive experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear gigi,

Thank you for telling us about your visit. We appreciate all of your comments about the hotel. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your time. We hope that you may consider us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Richmond West

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Had a quick trip to Richmond and this hotel is close to the Fire Training academy that I was going to. It was a good experience, room was clean, front desk was prompt in greeting us and processing our check-in and check out. The manager called my room to see if I had any problem with noise from a room below, and I had not. He had a complaint from someone, and it was good that he was following up on that issue. Monday breakfast was disappointing. I did not go down until a little after 9am, and most everything was gone, or not very appetizing. More food was made after another group came in about 5 minutes later.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Rich,

Thank you for telling us about your visit. We appreciate your comments and concerns. Thank you for telling us about the breakfast service. We are sorry that you were not completely satisfied. We use guest feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Richmond

Reviewed March 12, 2014

On the way to Massanutten and stopped off for the night. Great price and room was large enough for our family of five. Nice free breakfast in the morning too. We didn't have the chance to experience the indoor pool or workout room but it was nice that they were available.

• Stayed: March 2014
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Gmoneynbc,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We are so glad that we could accommodate you and your family. We are glad you all enjoyed your room and the breakfast service.
Thank you for your comments. We will pass them on to our staff. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Came here from suburban inn across the parking lot. That place was a nightmare! This place was so clean, as an asthma sufferer who just stayed in a hotel that wreaked like dogs and smoke, I looked around, took a deep breath, and could breathe easy again. The breakfast was surprisingly really good and had a ton of options. Free (good!) coffee and tea in the lobby 24/7 and free cookies up front that my three year old loved! I'm just so happy about how meticulously clean our room, and the hotel, overall was. Customer service was great and pleasant. I also loved how updated and nice everything looked, and the pool was pretty nice too!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Matt,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We are so glad that you and your family stayed with us, and that we could accommodate you. We really value all guest feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed all that we had to offer. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Richmond

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We have stayed at several hotels in the area during our daughters four years at UR. There are other properties as nice as Country Inn but our lodging dollar goes further here than at other locations. Every employee we have come in contact with has been professional and courteous. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The in room fridge will keep your wine cold for relaxing in the evening! The continental breakfast is typical and what one should really expect for a free continental breakfast. There are plenty of dining options within a couple of miles. We have one trip left to Richmond and that will be for graduation in May. We will be staying at Country Inn & Suites.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank halfwitt
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear halfwitt,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We are so glad that you chose us during your recent visit to UR. Thank you so much for all of your feedback. We are so glad that you and your family stayed with us. We will pass this very valuable feedback on to our staff. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Front desk attendant was a bit cold on check in; not rude just not welcoming. Other staff were much the same but as I only needed to interact with them to check in and out it wasn't an issue. Breakfast room was small but it did accommodate everyone fortunately. These were the only problems we had as everything else was perfect - clean room, bathroom, beds and linen, quiet location etc. Would stay again and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Louby76
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Louby 76,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We are very sorry that you were not completely satisfied with you stay. We are sorry that you had a issue with our front desk staff. We will make sure that we address that issue right away. Thanks for telling us your concerns about the breakfast service. We are always trying to find new ways to make that service better. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Checked in after 12 am, but our reservation was ready with out a problem. Best thing was that we got the 4th night free! Talk about liking the price of a king room! Room was clean, but with the exception of a feel minor problems which were not deal breakers. Breakfast room was good. nice selection of hot & cold foods along with the waffle maker. I found the eggs to be too salty,but that was just me. The pool & hot tub room were good. towels were provided, They were thin and rough, but we all know that the guests tend to swipe them. So it was no biggie. Dominique, the front desk manager did a wonderful job in helping us out with our needs. Such as getting a 2nd luggage rack for the room. She also was fun to talk to and helpful with places to go. Over all I would not hesitate to stay here again. which reminds me that I need to make a reservation!

Room Tip: 2nd floor in the rear are great because you can use the stairs from the lobby. Very easy to carry on...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Chuck,

Thank you for your feedback about your visit. We really appreciate all guest feedback. Thank you for telling us your comments and concerns. Tank you for your concerns about the breakfast service and the towels in your room. We are very sorry that you were not completely satisfied. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. We are always looking for ways to make our hotel better. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.