“Great hotel, but beds were a little hard”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64
Ranked #23 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This hotel is one of the cheapest ones in Richmond' West End; however, just because it's cheap, it doesn't mean that the amenities or service are. They offer free wifi and free full breakfast for all rooms, it has a very clean and nice indoor pool, and it has a small but clean gym. The front desk attendant was also super helpful especially since I was a very late check-in. My only complaint and it's really very subjective is that my bed was a little hard bordering on almost a bit uncomfortable. However, the previous times I have stayed at this hotel, it hasn't been an issue so I believe it must have been the bed in that particular room.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear Oompa03,

Thank you for telling us about your recent visit. We appreciate all of your comments about the hotel. We are very sorry that you felt your bed was not comfortable. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. Thank you so much for your feedback. It helps us make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Richmond

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Everything about our stay was excellent. From the customer service at check-in, to the fresh-baked cookies, to being able to upgrade rooms without any problem, to the comfort of the bed, to the cleanliness of the bathroom, to the breakfast in the morning, everything was great. I, along with everyone traveling with me, would gladly stay at this location again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear mdiv2001,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We really value all guest feedback. We hope you and your family enjoyed you time in Richmond. We will pass this great feedback on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing great things about their service. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

It was a very good place to stay nice location. Rooms are very big with a queen size beds and I really liked the architect of the building. A lot of steak houses around which gives variety of choices for anyone. The gym and Spa are very spacious and relaxing for someone who has been busy working and exhausted with work fatigue. I do not have any hesitation to come back with families for any future vacation.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear derejea,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We really appreciate our business travelers. We value all guest feedback and will pass it on to our staff. We strive to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your time. We hope that we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

It's not near the downtown area. But the hotel is very nice, and you will pay much less than the Hilton Garden Inn. Great service at the front desk and the comp breakfast isn't bad. I would drive the extra miles and stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear eaglesclaw121,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments about the hotel. We will pass your feedback on to our staff. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This hotel embodies everything we miss about being in Richmond! The staff are super friendly, the rooms are always very clean, and as a rewards member there are always little incentives. Unfortunately they don't accept pets, so now that my husband and I have a Yorkie we have to stay elsewhere unless family can watch our dog. But, until we had the Yorkie, this was our hotel of choice, every time! And at Christmas it's even more pleasant than usual.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the first floor - the pool smell is very strong. We always get a room that faces t...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Louise,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. Thank you so much for your comments and concerns. Thank you for telling us your concerns about the the pet policy. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. We apologize for the inconvenience. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean,safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Desk person very accommodating and smiley! The desk person made it a very easy decision to stay. The location was a trial to find. Off the main road one block with no sign indicating hotel. GPS was used to find the hotel. Even tho, a great find..

• Stayed: October 2013
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear ctbs,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We value all guest feedback. We are so happy that you chose us. We will pass your feedback on to our staff. We hope you enjoyed your stay in Richmond. Thank you for your feedback about the Desk person. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I was upgraded to a suite room. Tastefully decorated with a bedroom and living room, coffee maker, mini frig, and microwave. Very comfortable and I slept great. Nice breakfast included, eggs, ham, yogurt, fruit, breads. I'm a light breakfast eater, so was more than what I needed.

My only negative was it was hard to find. Bad signage on broad street. Look for the outlook across the street or the holiday inn next door.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Susan S
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Susan S,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We really appreciate your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed what the hotel had to offer. Thank you for your concerns about finding the hotel. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. We are sorry for the confusion. We use guest feedback to make changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.