A good hotel, but ageing, cracked, and a little dusty. Owners could scrub all the floors and shampoo all the carpets, and that would go a long way to overcome the pervasive smell of mildew mixed with air freshener that hangs over the place. A bit of Ajax on the bathroom tile and floors would improve the appearance, too.
In spite of these complaints, this is a good, basic hotel, with a full breakfast, an indoor pool with a jacuzzi and workout room, comfortable large rooms and bathrooms, and plenty of space. It's a good place to get some water exercise in the winter. The rooms are quiet and peaceful.
The staff could not be nicer. Very friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located off of I-64 and just minutes from historic downtown Richmond, the Country Inn & Suites Hotel Richmond, VA offers guests comfortable accommodations and signature Southern hospitality. Our Richmond lodging features all of the services and amenities that guests expect from a quality hotel, including a Business Center, Fitness Center, wired and wireless Internet access and an indoor heated pool and spa. For added convenience, our hotel near the University of Richmond is just minutes from several local attractions. Our top-notch services and prime location make the Country Inn & Suites the perfect hotel for your trip to Virginia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West At i-64 Hotel Richmond
- Country Inn And Suites By Carlson, Richmond West At i-64