“they gave my table away”
Review of Texas de Brazil

Texas de Brazil
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 1,603 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Texas de Brazil is carving out a whole new experience in fine dining. The restaurant is an authentic Brazilian-American "Churrascaria" or steakhouse that combines the cuisines of Southern Brazil with the generous spirit of Texas.Treat yourself to our 50-60 item seasonal salad area including appetizers, gourmet vegetables, soups, and salads. Turn your place card to green and prepare to be swarmed by a troop of carvers generously serving various cuts of seasoned beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage, all accompanied by traditional side items and house-baked Brazilian cheese bread. As you dine endlessly on Brazilian fare, let one of our in-house wine connoisseurs select the perfect pairing from our extensive, award-winning wine lists, or sip on a freshly-made signature cocktail-the Caipirinha. Complete your dining experience with one of our many decadent dessert selections, and then relax with an after-dinner drink, steaming espresso and enjoy the ambiance and service perfection that is uniquely Texas de Brazil.
Richmond, Virginia
“they gave my table away”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

we went here for NYE I have reservation and we were 15 min late they called me 7:46 & missed the call and call them back @ 7:47 the hostess wasn't really helpful at all and told me "she gave my table since i did not answer the call" i was upset ! came there 7:48 and she told me i had to wait longer .i've seen other people getting help before me so i got very very upset . talked to the manager "Joe" explained everything and he got us our table . YES! i know it is my fault we were late 15 minutes but NO!! it is not right to give my reservation to someone else especially if you called me the day before to verify my reservation . everything here is fabulous ! i picked here to celebrate NYE for a reason , i made a reservation for almost a month and that is the reason why i was really upset . the hostess didn't seem she was sorry or anything she made us wait . but at the end everything was fine and i had a great time but definitely the hostess almost ruin my night .

• Visited December 2013

• Arabic first
Summerville, South Carolina
“Beef on Swords!”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

First off, I want to say, this is an expensive restaurant. However, that being said, it is very nice, but they do require a reservation. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The food is very good. If you have never been to a Brazilian steakhouse, it works like this: once you're seated, you can go up to the food bar, which has a lot a good, fairly light fare. The food bar has items like cheeses, prosciutto, olives, soups (my wife loves the seafood bisque), among plenty of other options. That's just the beginning. The main course involves various cuts of beef, lamb chops, and I believe some pork. I stuck with the beef. When you are ready for the gauchos to start bringing meat, you simply flip the circular card on your table to the green side and that signals "go." They will keep bring different types of meat (that is skewered on swords) until you are ready for them to stop. Just flip the card back over to the red side. It is all you can eat, so try different things. Some people bring their children, but I would recommend getting a sitter and taking your significant other on very nice date.

Also, when you're there, be sure to fill out the card they give you at the end with your email address. They will send you an email around your birthday for a buy one meal, get the second free coupon. That's when we usually go. If you get the chance, try it out sometime.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Ken G
Richmond, Virginia
“Good service and good food”
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

Went for my birthday and was really excited but quickly disappointed. They advertised certain meats I believe it's about 12-14 or so different meats to choose from but the night we were there they only came around with 5-6 different meats with 3 being chicken. Salad bar was really nice with good soups too. A great place for a romantic date.

Colonial Beach, Virginia
“L O V E it!!!”
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Yes it is pricier than other chain restaurants, but it is much, much nicer. The decor is beautiful, the staff is attentive, and the food outstanding. This is an experience!

Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Place To Eat”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

No one will go away hungry from this place. The meat selections are varied and cut from skewers at he table. It is difficult to eat as fast at the servers show up at the table.

• Visited November 2013

Been to Texas de Brazil? Share your experiences!