“Yummy food, good service, hectic atmosphere”

Maggiano's - Richmond
Get food delivered
Ranked #39 of 1,685 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed August 5, 2016

Had lunch recently at Maggiano's in Richmond. Ordered from the eat one/take one home menu. What a great idea! I had the "low fat" version of fettuccine with chicken and asparagus. My hubby had the lasagna and we each got a pre-packaged version to take home (already sealed up and ready for re-heating). Bread with olive oil accompanied our meals. Server was friendly and prompt. Very busy restaurant and atmosphere seemed sort of loud. Would we go back? Definitely. Good value for the money.

Reviewed August 5, 2016 via mobile

Braised Beef Pappardelle had about as much meat in it as my thumbs fingernail. Ladies room was the dirtiest I have ever seen it!

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed July 29, 2016

This a great place for family, friends to gather for a celebration, but not for a business meeting due to the noise levels. Reservations are recommended unless you are fine waiting in the bar area. Other than that the waiting area is very small. Not a good place for a quiet romantic dinner. Noisy during peak meal times. I like everything On the menu I have and everyone usually goes home with leftovers.

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed July 26, 2016

You do get quite a bit for the money at Maggiano's. We didn't have the minimum four people for family style. But we did get entree specials that included a take home dish. For $22 price it was indeed a good deal. The meals were hearty and enjoyable.

I was disappointed that we got our appetizers, then almost immediately got out entrees. This happens from time to time. When it has happened to me before, the server took the entrees back until we had time to enjoy our appetizer at a leisurely pace. Instead, the server here simply commented that apparently the kitchen was behind and had now caught up.

I was very disappointed that an "Italian" restaurant did not have the tradition digestifs on the drink or dessert menu. In fact, I asked for the bartender to fix up an amaro for me, he could do anything he wanted. They didn't know what one was. I Google was out of the question.

Anyway, not a disappointing meal, but not at my expectation either.

Reviewed July 19, 2016 via mobile

Met an old friend there for lunch. The food was amazing. Our server was vey attentive and very pleasant. Loved the atmosphere. Can't wait to go back.

Date of visit: July 2016

Been to Maggiano's - Richmond? Share your experiences!