“Top Shelf Italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed July 6, 2016

Dinner could not have been more wonderful. Excellent Italian fare, prepared for us, rather than pre-made. From the bread to the service and dessert and everything in between all contributed to a fantastic dining experience, for our group of 7. Waitstaff very attentive, even though had had a number of other tables he was taking care of on a busy Sunday evening. The shareable appetizers were spot on, plenty, although I refused to let any go to waste. A few of us choose the from the "Classics" and were treated with a take home "Classic" meal of our choice as well. All reasonably priced. We made two full meals for two out of our 2 take home meals. Basically, 3 meals for the price of one. Next time I'm in Richmond I'll be heading to dinner there again, without any hesitation. Reservations recommended.

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed July 5, 2016 via mobile

While visiting our son and his family, they took us to Maggiano's Little Italy. I must say it was the best I have ever eaten. The atmosphere the decor and everything else inside this restraunt was Itallion. The food was excellent, the service was great and the whole experience was the best.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed July 5, 2016

This is a nice place with many choices of Italian dishes . The portion are quite large. The service was good, but the environment is very noisy if t you are there during peak times. Not a good place for a romantic dinner.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed July 4, 2016

Hadn't been to Maggianos for a while so my husband and I decided to go and have a casual dinner seated at the bar the other night.I don't know who does the hiring in this restaurant but I have to give who ever that is a thumbs up as the service is always very good. The bartenders are always quick and friendly.
We both ordered the spinach salad ,I added salmon to mine and my husband added chicken, both were excellent, fresh and just the right amount. Perfect as always ..recommend!

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed June 22, 2016

Two of us ate at Maggiano's Little Italy in the Short Pump Town Center shopping mall on a Friday evening. We made a last-minute reservation online, not sure if it went through or not, but no problem, we were seated outdoors on the patio.
This was such a pleasant evening. The patio is covered by a large canvas and even though you are seated next to a large parking lot, the restaurant has arranged it so that the view is blocked. Also, the setting sun is never in your eyes, so there's no squinting or moving chairs around.
It was busy and a little bit noisy, but never objectionable.
The food, I thought, was quite good. Delicious glass of sangria, salad, and a light pasta with asparagus and chicken. The restaurant has a special where you get a serving of pasta to take home free if you order pasta for dinner. So we both did that.
We split a dessert, a berry tiramisu, also delicious.
It was a wonderful relaxed evening for the two of us, plenty of time to talk, attentive server, good food and drink. Everything was done right.

Date of visit: June 2016

Been to Maggiano's - Richmond? Share your experiences!