“Great experience”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed June 20, 2016

We went there for a special occasion. It was 12 of us and we made a reservation.We were seated right away. We had the family plan that they do for large groups of people. It was so much food, we ended up taking three bags of food home. The food was very good and large selection. Everyone enjoyed the experience and the waiters and waitress were so friendly. We will definitely go back.

Date of visit: June 2016

Reviewed June 17, 2016 via mobile

Family Graduation Dinner
What a wonderful evening we all had together sharing great food & wonderful company @Maggiano's Richmond!
Amanda was our wonderfully competent and endearing waitress & made the dinner flow so well. She offered lots pf pointers on the different menu items and nutritional differences & was a joy to have as our server. We had many various drinks, all very well done & refreshing, yummy big salads for sharing & tasty entree's. The famous Meatball dinner gave us the option of bringing home a second entree from a choice of 2 or 4options & it was such a nice plus!
Our fav was def the lighter version of chicken picatta and we had two orders:) i will say I am a vegan with many food allergies and ordered a a plain romaine salad w just lemons and olive oil on the side & it did come out with some very sorry wilted old brown rimmed cut up leaf sections i ever saw. I promptly showed the other lady who was helping serve the main's- & was dressed with a bit authority and literally the bowl was whisked away and another brought out in under 2mins! Thank you for being so attentive to all ur diner's and making such delicious and yummy food! We always love the vibe in the restaurant, too! At the end of dinner my 86yrold father ordered dessert off the menu - bowl of vanilla icecream w chocolate sauce & whip cream- & it was perfect for him! Thank you again! & see u next time!

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed June 16, 2016 via mobile

Lasagna is wonderful and they give you a free second portion to take home and all at a great price! Love the bread here too. Expect to smell like garlic

Reviewed May 31, 2016

It was Memorial Day in Richmond which means most of the local Italian Restaurants were closed for the day and we got stuck with a chain. This is better than most chian restaurants but for from great. Maggiano's has had this gimmick going on for years. If you order one of their classic Pastas(Cheaper meals) you get another one to take home courtesy of the chef. Sounds great in theory but not that good. This is what they most likely do. They split one portion into 2 halves. Half you eat fresh at the restaurant the other half you take home and reheat. The portion size is small. What I think is they make thousands of each of these classic pastas and freeze them. Then when you get ready to leave they give it to you. We are from NJ and its about a 4-5 hour drive back to NJ. We told that to the waiter. We thought they would either let us eat the 2nd half there or maybe not give us the take home part and give us a free salad. I'm just not impressed with this chain.

Reviewed May 22, 2016

This was my second opportunity to dine here. I enjoyed gnocchi as my entree and was very pleased with it. But I almost spoiled my dinner with two many pieces of delicious bread before dinner.

Our server, Brian was one of the best, most attentive servers I've had anywhere. He greeted our table by first introducing himself, kept the water glasses filled without us ever asking, and was always checking back with us.

My only suggestion is for the restaurant to better illuminate the stairs. We dined upstairs, with senior parents (92 & 91) and the stairs were too dark and not lit at all. For safety sake of diners at any age, I recommend the stairs be lighted.

Date of visit: May 2016

Been to Maggiano's - Richmond? Share your experiences!