“Hold the salt” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Maggiano's - Richmond

Maggiano's - Richmond
Reserve with OpenTable
Maggiano's - Richmond is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 1,594 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Boone, North Carolina
“Hold the salt”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

My husband and I treated ourselves to lunch here yesterday for lunch. The best part of the meal was the warm attitude of the waitress. We took advantage of two three course meals with two take outs for the next day. The calamari appetizer was shared between us. The batter was delicate with an ample serving. However there was too much salt on the appetizer. I ordered fettuccine alfredo which was delicious and my husband enjoyed ziti with marinara sauce. The sauce was tasty over lots of pasta. The waitress bragged about the cheesecake being made on site with a real cream cheese taste. So we tried it expecting thick New York style cheesecake. The cake was spongy yet edible. The next day I tried the lasagna. It could have delicious but, again, too much salt. My husband did dive into the sphagetti with gusto which met his expectations. If generous servings are expected, go for it. But unless you like a lot of salt on your food, better choose another restaurant.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Louisville, Kentucky
“Be ready for leftovers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Maggianos loads everyone up with food. They have a great take out policy with the buy one entre and pick another one to take home. The bread is delicious. Every dish is heavy on the garlic. Real Italian cooking uses garlic sparingly. I was with a group where everyone ordered something different and all meals had a lot of garlic. Note to cooks; when using garlic, "Less is more".

• Visited December 2013
Hartsville, South Carolina
“Great take out option”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

We order take out from Maggiano's when we have a lot of family coming over for dinner. You can order a bunch of different entrees and then share family style. It works great. Plus, for $5 extra you can double your entree order - so again, great for feeding a lot of people. The salads and pastas are always good.

Visited December 2013
Midlothian, Virginia
“A little bit of Italy in Short Pump”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

I went to Maggianos as part of a seventeen person birthday celebration. I had not been to this restaurant in several years but let me say I was not disappointed with any aspect of my dining experience. The service was exemplary. The hosts of the celebration had made reservations and we were immediately seated at a lovely table that resembled those family tables you see in food magazines where everyone sits together and enjoys the abundance of the table! It truly made me feel like I was in Italy. The atmosphere was festive and family friendly. The noise level was not overwhelming or too high energy even though the restaurant was pleasantly full. The food was scrumptious! The hosts ordered from the family menus that the restaurant has available and all the food from the appetizer to dessert was absolutely delicious. They ordered(after consulting with all the participants) as the appetizer--the maggiano's salad, crispy zucchini fritte with lemon aioli cream and the caesar salad, main dishes-- fettuccine alfredo and lasagna, and the dessert-- Vera's Lemon Cookies. First of all the salads were fresh, light and not smothered in salad dressing. The Maggiano's Salad includes bleu cheese and it gave the salad a rich taste without being overwhelming. The zucchini was light, fresh and crispy. The lemon aioli was the perfect complement. The fettucine alfredo was perfection. The chicken was moist, the sauce rich and creamy and the pasta perfectly al dente. And the perfect light ending to the perfect meal was the refreshing lemon cookies we were given. You finished your meal feeking satisfied and not stuffed to the point that you just want to pass out somwehere. And for that added plus, they pack up your food so that you can take your leftovers home with you. No waste in this restaurant. I love it. Yoh really get your money's worth. It's like buffet dining and yet not!I guess its for those of us that need the price consciousness of a buffet but with that added plus of CLASS. I loved everything about Maggiano's. It will not be years before I return again. Now it is my new family favorite. Oh, and I would be remiss if I did not say that our table servers were excellent!!!! They kept the food and drinks coming with perfect timing. They were cordial, clean and always helpful!

• Visited December 2013
Virginia
“Food, Food and more Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Made our 1st visit this past Sat. nite w/good friends. Awesome food, spectacular service. We never felt rushed. Our food server was interested in our having a great dining experience. We had family style entrees Chicken Parm, Shrimp Scampi, Salmon, & Veal Marsala. Tasty and plentiful. Don't go unless you are HUNGRY!!

Been to Maggiano's - Richmond? Share your experiences!