“One of my favorite Maggiano's!”

Maggiano's - Richmond
Reserve with OpenTable
Maggiano's - Richmond is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 1,647 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My wife frequent Maggiano's in almost every major city that we travel. The Richmond location is one of our favorites. It always seems to be hopping with a classy crowd and it is located in the upscale West End of Richmond known as Short Pump. Food is always good and we find Maggiano's very consistent and reliable.

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Maggiano's has grown to a large multi unit restaurant chain but some how has manage to keep the food quality and the ambiance of a local, unique, family restaurant. The same flavor I grew to love in Grant and State street in Chicago, so many years ago. Marco is still present everywhere I go in every Maggiano's store. This location has a great GM and a great chef, they have the experience that makes this a great place to go for dinner. The down side is that they have gone trough some changes and the new wait staff is not yet fully trained, they look to be great people but they aren't yet what I come to expect of Maggiano's, over the many years that I have been dining and having parties and business meetings at Magiano's however I'm willing to give them time to adjust because overall they are still the best family restaurant anywhere.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

What a unique experience! We came with some friends who had been telling us how great it is for months. We loved it! The family style dining is an extremely good value. They are not restrictive at all about what they will allow you to take home with you. By the end of our meal, our waiter had boxed up a little bit of everything for us so that we can enjoy the good again from home. The family style dining is $30 per person, but worth it. The service from not only our waiter, but also additional staff made you feel like you were the only guest in the entire place even though it was packed. We will definitely be returning here the next time we visit Richmond!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

A late lunch seemed to be a perfect time. The food was amazing, portions were perfect. The wait staff was very attentive and excellent.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

My friends and family have been telling me that I needed to try this restaurant for years. I finally decided to go and I wasn't that impressed. It is loud and crowded. They pack in the tables and chairs to ensure they get as many people in as they can. With all of the people and the music blaring I could barely hear the person at my table. We had to speak a talk loudly just to hear one another.

The service isn't bad. It was full and our server had a lot of tables. They have a pretty decent server team structure but it wasn't working properly the entire time. I understand things happen though. We were overlooked a few times. We got the expected apologies and it wasn't a big deal.

I ordered the cannelloni and my guest ordered a veal dish. My food was ok. It wasn't anywhere near great. I have had much better. The veal dish was said to be good but not of the caliber of what others said it would be. They do give big portions however, I don't think it's worth the price. I don't mind paying for good food but this wasn't that great to be. It was on the level of much cheaper chains.

I will not go back.

1  Thank Danie R

Been to Maggiano's - Richmond? Share your experiences!