“Difficult to get decent hotels in Richmond at this price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sleep Inn

Ranked #33 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Difficult to get decent hotels in Richmond at this price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I travel through Richmond every year and getting hotels are always a hassle. Sleep Inn was very good, particularly for the price. Comfy bed, speedy internet, I passed on the breakfast as usual. Right off the highway so I was in, crashed into bed, and was out onto I-95 the next morning. Recommend strongly for travellers who need a place for overnight on the way up and down the East Coast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank archiphoto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I had a business trip to Richmond,Va at the end of June 2013 that I needed to go to. I did a computer search of the hotels in and around Richmond. All of the budget motels had bad reviews. It had been many years since staying in Richmond and did not know where to stay and I did not want to spend a fortune on a room. I am familiar with the I-95 area North of Richmond so I went there looking for a Motel that looked decent. I fount a Sleep Inn on the north side of Richmond just off I-95, I went in and talked with the Desk Person and he was very nice, and helpful, all looked good, so I decided to give it a try.

Best place I think I could have picked, Great room, King Bed, very comfortable,roomie, TV, Refrig. Coffee maker, Iron & board, Desk, and most important CLEAN. They also have breakfast there and Several places to eat in the area. Over all a Great place to stay and I highly recommend the Sleep inn on the North side of Richmond. Anytime I need to go back to Richmond, I will for sure stay at this Sleep Inn. I don't know anything about a pool as I was not interested but I did eat at a Mexican Restaurant across the driveway and it was excellent, all was most reasonable priced, especially for an older, retired, fixed income person like myself

Room Tip: The main thing for me when traveling is a nice clean room with a comfortable bed. This motel meet or...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Adwyre
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed here overnight. Stopped at a couple other places but they were either overpriced or booked. Showed up as a walk in and got a very reasonable rate. Did not feel taken advantage of. Hotel has 4 floors with elevator. It was clean and near a number of restaurants. There was no fridge or microwave, but we were only there one night, so it was fine. there is a microwave in breakfast nook you can use in a pinch. Staff were pleasant and professional. Free coffee and breakfast was nice. king sized bed was comfortable and clean. Nice stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Comfortable room with a nice staff. We stopped in on a drive through Richmond and found this hotel to be clean and convieniently located. We had a nice night skeep, enjoyed breakfast and were back on the road the next morning. We'd stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
USA---
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is an OK location just several miles north of town and very easily accessible from the Amtrak Station. Shot in Dark decision for this property but viewed TripAdvisor for review while on train from Washington. A positive review had just been posted for this motel that same day. IT is a little hard to find in dark, Its directly behind McDonalds off US 1 not on street corner).
Parking is little tight, the desk was very friendly and helpful. Room at far end of hall next to road but did not hear road traffic. Room very spacious with King bed & everything worked.
Breakfast was standard roll your own waffle, cereal, pastries, sausage with cold boiled eggs, however all seemed good.
Wife was happy here so that means so was I.
I will stay here again...........

Room Tip: Room at end of hall on first floor was very comfortable. No Problems...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mt. Pleasant, SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I spent 4 nights there for a family wedding. First tried room on 4th floor but smell of smoke was overwhelming (it was a non smoking room) then moved to 2nd floor room. Battery in smoke detector started beeping and phone didn't work so had to go tell front desk. They quickly and very apologetically fixed it for me. I could hear the people walking on floor above me, but luckily they went to bed pretty early. No tubs, just showers. Thought that was a little strange but was fine. The rooms were fine and clean. Not great, but for a budget hotel very comfortable. Breakfast was good. Staff was extremely accomodating. It was a great location since I didn't have a car. Mexican restaurant very close as well as several fast food places.

Room Tip: Choose 1st or 2nd floor if you don't like smell of smoke.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel and everything went well. Clean, quiet room, great shower, front desk staff was very helpful and friendly, breakfast was good, comfortable beds. Location was nice for a trip to Richmond. I only wish they had a fitness room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Quality Inn West End
Quality Inn West End
#39 of 81 in Richmond
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64
Red Roof Inn - Richmond South
BEST WESTERN PLUS Glen Allen Inn
#67 of 81 in Richmond
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!