“Don't Stay Anywhere Else!”

HYATT House Richmond-West
Ranked #5 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed November 9, 2009

My husband was traveling to Richmond on business and I decided to come along to visit family in Fredericksburg and some historic sites. He had us booked in a Marriott Courtyard, but I found this hotel on the internet, checked to see if they had a corporate rate for his company (yes) and booked it - we are so glad we did!

We can only pretty much echo all the positive things that have been said so far - great location, friendly staff, awesome breakfast, innovative design/decor, comfortable rooms, etc. It was great to be by the mall the last day where, after checking out of the hotel, I could shop while waiting on him to finish his business. It was also great to have all the mall restaurant options available for dinner.

We have stayed in hotels all around the world ranging from $50 - $500 a night and we have to say this hotel gives you more for your money than any place we have ever stayed! I hope we have the opportunity to return to Richmond - if so, we wouldn't think of staying anywhere else!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
HSRichmondGM, General Manager at HYATT House Richmond-West, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2009

Dear Valued Guest,
I'm glad you found Hotel Sierra on the internet and decided to give us a try on your recent visit to Richmond. It's great that you were able to enjoy the restaurants in the area and do some shopping on your last day. Thank you for staying with us and we're glad you wouldn't think of staying anywhere else on your next visit to Richmond!
In hospitality, Steve Kendall, General Manager

Reviewed October 26, 2009

I travel to this area frequently for work and usually stay at a Marriott Courtyard in Glen Allen. I happened to notice this hotel one day and decided to try it on my next trip. I will never go anywhere in this area again! So many positive things to say...where do I start??

The rooms are spacious and modernly furnished. The hotel is really nice and quiet and the outdoor pool area is really beautiful for either the pool/hot tub or the fire they get going at night. Breakfast (included!) in the am is wonderful, and the bar here is very classy. I always try to score a suite when I stay here - the bathrooms are bigger and not tubs, just showers (which I prefer). Staff are friendly, and I LOVE that I can walk next door to the mall and eat at the California Pizza Kitchen, Cheesecake Factory or a multitude of others. This is the place to stay....I am a picky traveler, but I have no reservations about recommending this beautiful hotel for work or fun.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank sjohnso6
HSRichmondGM, General Manager at HYATT House Richmond-West, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2009

Dear Valued Guest,
Wow, what wonderful compliments! We are delighted you decided to stay at Hotel Sierra and are pleased you enjoyed our hotel, the location and amenities. Thank you for sharing your experience and for the recommendation. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed October 19, 2009

Stayed one night at the Hotel Sierra in Richmond, VA. This hotel was by far the most beautiful hotel I've ever stayed in. My room was spacious, (king suite), modern and extremely clean. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was fresh, and hot, with a large variety of food choices. I could live in this hotel, it felt like home. I can't wait to stay at another Hotel Sierra.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank nordiq21

Dear Valued Guest,
It is great to hear your experience at Hotel Sierra was positive! We are happy you enjoyed our spacious suites and found our staff to be inviting. We thank you for staying with us and for posting your comments. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 8, 2009

This hotel has a fantastic location right at the Short Pump Town Center. The rooms are new and nicely furnished. The staff is extremely friendly, helpful and professional. The breakfast buffet is included and has something for everyone. The gym is small, but has very nice equipment. The business center seems nice and the wireless internet is very reliable.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank businesstraveler0997
HSRichmondGM, General Manager at HYATT House Richmond-West, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2009

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay at Hotel Sierra! We are pleased to hear you had an enjoyable experience! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 3, 2009

The Hotel Sierra is snew and therefore clean- but nothing special. I paid $95 for my room so I wasn't upset about value. I would never spend more then $100 for a night at this hotel. The room had two scrawny towels- (Motel 6 quality). The bed sheets felt like they were scratchy. Don't stay here and expect to feel pampered like a stay at The Westin. The AC was noisy but necessary, so sleeping was tough. When people used the shower/bath upstairs it sounded like someone moving furniture.

They are building a new Hilton down the street, so if you want to stay near The Short Pump Mall you will have that choice very soon. My stay at Hotel Sierra wasn't great, but not bad enough that I complained at the desk. Basically it was forgettable. Would only recommend if the rate was a super bargain.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2009

The Hotel Sierra had many nice touches. I especially appreciated the modern elements of the rooms and lobby. My wife and I were looking to stay somewhere with conveniences closeby. Since this hotel is part of the Short Pump Town Center, there are all kinds of great restaurants and great shopping just a few steps away! If you're looking for a place to stay without having to get back in the car, this is it. The rooms were very nice and clean. One of the most unique features of the hotel is the courtyard area with a pool, hot tub and outdoor firepit! If you stay at the Hotel Sierra, don't miss out on spending a half hour or so one night sitting on the outdoor cushioned furniture around the fire. I highly recommend this hotel. My only complaint is the lack of fruit on the breakfast bar.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VA_TravelerVa
HSRichmondGM, General Manager at HYATT House Richmond-West, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2009

Dear Valued Guest,
We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and our amenities at Hotel Sierra. Thank you for bringing to our attention that we may need more fruit at the breakfast bar. We appreciate you taking the time to post your comments and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 13, 2009

My husband thoroughly enjoyed his stay at Hotel Sierra. He was pleasantly surprised by the luxuriously appointed room, convenient location and efficient, friendly staff. I found Hotel Sierra on a internet search of hotels in Richmond, Va. My husband drove our college senior back to school in Ohio and made an overnight stop for my our son to visit his friend in Richmond. I wanted a comfortable and luxurious yet afforable stay for my husband who was driving many hours and would continue driving to Ohio the next day. My husband loved everything about this new luxury hotel. In the morning before checkout, he was able to work out in a beautiful gym and enjoy a delicious complimentary omelet before leaving. In fact, we filled out a comment card and suggested to add fruit, yogurt and cereal to the complimentary breakfast. The front desk supervisor promptly emailed us back to report that those items were now added to their breakfast. What incredible customer service! My husband's only regret was that he could not stay longer. We would love to visit their several other properties as well. Do yourself a favor and check into the Hotel Sierra in Richmond! I am sure their other properties are just as wonderful! Kudos to Hotel Sierra and their expert staff!! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in Virginia.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank barbind519

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for such an amazing review! It is very encouraging to hear all of your comments! There are Hotel Sierra's across the country that we hope you can enjoy as well. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you back again soon!