“Great hotel”

Ranked #5 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Mount Airy, North Carolina
“Great hotel”
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I have never stayed at a Hotel Sierra before this Hyatt just took them over so I book at this one and I have to say that it was one the Best hotels that I have ever stayed at. The room was great the beds were the Best! and everyone was very helpful the way service should be.The location was good to you are just mins from anything that you want I will return.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed October 4, 2011

After being granted to bring our support animal with our support animal, we were told by the front desk clerk that we were lucky that she wasn't licking us out of our rooms. When I asked to speak with the manager, she refused and threatened to call the police if I do not go to my room. Really. Happened last year at 10:15 PM on aFriday night. Paige was the clerk.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank planeman1
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I am writing this review during our third stay at the Hotel Sierra during the last year and a half when we have come to Richmond to visit with family and friends. We chose this hotel over other Richmond options due to its great location and value. Because it is part of the Short Pump Town Center complex, dining and shopping are within easy walking distance. The breakfast buffet is on a par with a Hilton Garden Inn, which works for us.

The only drawback to this hotel's location is the fact that westbound traffic on Broad Street can be horrible, especially during the Christmas shopping season. To avoid the gridlock, we will take Interstate 264 West to the Broad Street exit and then drive east back up to the first Short Pump Town Center entrance.

Room Tip: We have liked every room we stayed in. No preference.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed September 11, 2011

I was traveling by business. Everyone who is going to stay in this hotel! When you ask front desk to call you a taxi, they don't care that you may be in hurry! They sale you for taxi drivers for $25 (they get $25 from taxi driver because they call him). There are taxi companies nearby, but they use only those who pay. So, Please save your time and search for your ride from google or yellow pages! Good luck!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank dontlikecorruption
Marblehead, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We checked into the Hotel Sierra the night before Hurricane Irene was to hit the near area. We were supposed to travel to Williamsburg the next day, but decided to ride out the storm in the hotel. I'm glad that we did. The room that we were give was ample for our family of four to stretch out. They even had a deep soaking tub that the kids loved!

Each morning we enjoyed a great complimentary breakfast - complete with hot bacon, eggs, grits and every baked good that you can imagine. On Saturday, we braved the storm enough to explore the surrounding Short Pump Town Center. What a great collection of shops!

After departing from the hotel, I realized (several days later) that I had left a jacket and shirt behind; hanging in the closet. I called the hotel, expecting very little to come of my phone call, but they said that they had the items in the office in a bag, waiting for me to claim them. On our way back to Richmond airport we swung by and picked up the clothes.

I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone traveling through the area, or for anyone that would like to spend a few days in a lovely area, browsing shops and enjoying the hotel facilities (we were not able to swim in the outdoor pool due to the storm, but it looked gorgeous!)

Room Tip: The suites are not expensive, and offer tons of room.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed August 27, 2011

This was my third hotel in three nights and by far the best guest experience. The service is excellent--someone always greets me when i come in the front door. Little things like that mean a lot. The rooms are very clean and quiet. Beds very comfortable. The breakfast buffet is great. Very reasonably priced. I wish this chain were available in more cities.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
DC
Reviewed August 25, 2011

A friend and I traveled to this hotel to have a quiet weekend getaway. Upon arrival we were greeted in the lobby which was beautiful. We had a Studio suite which had a nice size kitchen, big bathroom and a tv. All the free amenities are what really sold us on the hotel. The infinity pool and fire pit were an added bonus for us. The hotel was easy to locate and al we had to do was literally step out the hotel to find great places to eat.

The service was great and the front desk was even accommodating to our late checkout request. Great hotel and if I am due for another quiet getaway I will definitely pick hotel sierra.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends