Hyatt Place Richmond Airport
The Jefferson Hotel(Richmond)
$275
Preferred Hotels
$119
All reviewsrichmond airportstores and restaurantspull out couchsitting areaclean roomsfree breakfasta great stayenjoyed my staynice roomconvenient locationvery nice hotelbed was very comfortabletargetkelseyottomandesksink
Reviewed October 8, 2010

This is a new hotel and the first impression was very positive. Unfortunately, we soon noticed that a lot of things are broken or out of service... One of the computers in the lobby, the ordering system in the dining area, the bicycle in the gym, the wall clock in the gym, the closet door in our room, the handle to the cupboard in our room... These seem like small issues but this hotel is just over a year old. The sad fact is that the employees we spoke to were aware of these problems but were not given the support from management to have them repaired. Without effective leadership, this hotel will soon look and feel neglected.
The room was spacious with a big sitting area, but the a/c unit was very loud and is right next to the bed. Earplugs are recommended to dull some of the noise. Also, though the shower door is modern and chic, it fails to retain the water and the floor was regularly soaked.
On a positive note, the hotel was still good value for money, with a continental buffett breakfast, airport shuttles and free in-room wi-fi included in the price.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
4100hyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns and positive note on TripAdvisor, we always entice our guest to give us feedback on their stays with us. We feel any opportunities we have to be a better hotel we accept it. We have shared your comments with the appropriate members of our team. And I apologize for the issues you had to face while you were a guest of our hotel. We are looking forward seeing you on your next visit to Richmond, VA.

Reviewed September 15, 2010

We flew into RIC after taking flying all night from SFO, and when we arrived at the hotel around 10am, we were exhausted. When I inquired at the desk if there were any way possible to please, please, please check in early, I was very politely told that it was unlikely since the hotel was booked out the night before (Thursday). The clerk, Wendell, asked for my name, checked my room reservation type, and announced that the ONLY room available was the type I had reserved!

Because we were in town for the Fri and Sat night NASCAR race at RIR, we needed to sleep before heading out to the track, and we did....a little longer than we had wanted to, but it only took us a few minutes to get there, and we were in our seats by the drop of the green flag. After the race, I enjoyed a glass of merlot in the hotel bar (beer & wine), and went back to our room after last call at midnight.

We were very comfortable in our room, and wherever we went in the hotel. Staff there on all shifts were polite, helpful, and smiling. The offered suggestions and assistance without fail, and we felt most welcome. Other hotels would do well to treat their guests this way!

In addition, the hotel's very close proximity to the airport, restaurants, and a Target make it a perfect choice for anyone who is looking for a hotel in the area.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
4100hyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2010

Thank you for all the kind comments you made regarding your recent stay with us at the Hyatt Place Richmond Airport. I am so pleased Wendell took care of your early check in request. Also it is great to hear you enjoyed our location, hotel design, and most of all my STAFF!! It is always nice to read such pleasant remarks concerning our staff and hotel, and we look forward to your next visit to Richmond, VA.

Reviewed August 28, 2010

I stayed at the Hyatt Place with my partner from August 27-29, 2010. The hotel is a newer property located within a very nice mall area. There's a 7-Eleven right down the street, a steakhouse, Red Lobster, various other restaurants and stores (including a Target!) within walking distance. The hotel itself has a fitness center, a business center on the ground level, free parking and free wi-fi in each room, and overall is a very nice looking hotel.

However two things stuck out that made me think twice about this property. For starters, my partner and I left our room at 9:00 in the morning on August 28. We were gone until about 5:30 that evening. Housekeeping had NOT SERVICED THE ROOM. And no, there were no "do not disturb" signs on the door! (They finally servied our room sometime later that evening while we were out again.)

Also on the evening of August 28, there was an incident within the hotel. A small group of individuals were staying at the hotel, and their children were not only running all over the hotel making lots of noise at 11:00pm at night, but they were holding up the elevators playing with them (there are only 2 for the guests). Other guests within the group were (get this), smoking MARIJUANA in the hotel. (This is a NON-SMOKING PROPERTY.)

I did speak with the management staff immediately, and apparently the guests were ejected from the hotel. We were also moved to a higher floor as the entire floor smelled like marijuana, and offered 10 percent off of the bill.

I do understand that situations involving rowdy guests do occasionally happen within a hotel, and although I did appreciate the swift actions taken by the staff, I'm not sure I would stay here again. It is a nice hotel though, but probably not for me.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
4100hyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2010

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a survey in Tripadvisor. I apologize that your experience with housekeeping and noise from other guest was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Thank you for mentioning our great location and several guest amenities we offer to our guest, and I am pleased that my staff did work quickly to resolve the issues.

Reviewed June 29, 2010

We stayed here just before departing for a hiking trip. It's a different set-up - (no vending machines????) but spotlessly clean, convenient and since I got it for $50 on Priceline, a great value. A basic room accomodated 4 of us for a night and the amenities were everything you'd expect from a business class hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
4100hyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2010

Thanks for making our hotel the stopping point for trip to the hiking trip; I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hyatt Place Richmond Airport. We do offer Starbuck's Coffee, fresh snacks, sandwiches, salads, candy, and drinks in our gallery 24 hours a day instead of vending. We look forward on your next stay with us.

Reviewed June 12, 2010

We were wowed. The staff and service were outstanding. The sitting area is comfortable and the HD TV is more than adequate. You can view it from the sitting area or bed.

The room has just about every amenity imaginable and room to roam, to a point. WiFi or Wired High-Speed Internet is free and fast. Easy set up.

The king size bed is a pillow top and the pillows are just right, not too soft or hard. We had a very comfortable sleep.

We'd stay here again. ^5's to the staff and management.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
4100hyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Tripadvisor review on the Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! We do have an excellent staff and comfortable bedding, looking forward to your next visit with us.