“Very nice hotel for a wedding visit”

Hyatt Place Richmond Airport
Ranked #27 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We visited this hotel as it was the main hotel with blocks of rooms for a wedding we attended. The price was reasonable for the rooms. We had a corner room on the third floor, that did seem a bit small compared to other rooms we looked at, and the view was pretty bad - overlooking a flat roof of something, and parked cars, but we solved this by keeping the blinds closed. As we were very busy and spent little time in the hotel , it did not matter. The bathroom was awesome, a huge , new clean walk in shower. I asked for an extra blanket, which should have been in the room but was not, and they immediately brought me a pretty thin one, but it was enough. The room did have a pull out couch, so we could have added a couple more people to the room if we needed to. Internet worked, as did the nice large flat screen TV. It was nice to have a small refrigerator, but it did not have a freezer section, and there was no microwave, something that I was counting on them having. The king sized bed was quite comfortable, and the cooling worked quite well. However, when the cooling went on, it was very noisy, and could wake you from sleep, but I think (hope?) this was probably just our room. The included breakfast was fine, with hot and cold foods. I was only disappointed as I eat oatmeal for breakfast every day - the first day they had that but the second the oatmeal container had sausage gravy. When I asked for oatmeal, they invited me to order it at their "cafe", which I did not do. So I had to stick to plain eggs and fruit. Lack of hot oatmeal would not be a problem, unless you have a restricted diet! Everyone else seemed to have plenty to eat. In all, I felt the hotel was quite nice, and a good value for what you get. Some of the rooms I saw, including the two queen bed room, were huge.

Room Tip: We had a corner room on the third floor (302) and it seemed smaller than the other rooms we saw, and...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 9, 2014

We arrived at this hotel after over nine hours on the road. It was easy to find and convenient to shopping and dining establishments. The hotel looked pleasant on the outside. The clerk didn't acknowledge my resent at the desk immediately and when she did, she didn't look up from what she was doing. However, the rest of the staff was pleasant. Once we received our key, the room was great. Everything was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the room was quiet. Hot breakfast. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Jody M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Good Morning,

I wanted to thank you for choosing The Hyatt Place Airport in Richmond for your most recent stay. It is my hope that you will choose to stay with us in th future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should I be able to help with reservations moving forward.

I wish you happy and safe travels and look forward to meeting you on your trip to Virginia.

In hospitality,

Jody Moore

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Delta had major delays and could not get me to my destination on the scheduled day. They directed me to this hotel. The room was clean and the location was very convenient for someone who is content to shop for groceries at Target and browse Lowe's to pass the time. I am not being sarcastic, by the way, as that is exactly what I did that night. The only problem was 2 phones in the room neither of which worked and I needed a wake up call very early in the morning to catch my flight. They did not have any spare phones and did not know how to repair the ones in my room. It was too late for me to move to another room because I needed to get my sleep rather than pack and unpack again. They did however respond to my request to call me on my cell phone instead of room phone at 6 am, which they promptly did. They provide hot oatmeal for breakfast and other typical breakfast items. All in all, a pleasant stay. I would return if I ever visited the area again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Hello and thank you for choosing Hyatt Place at the Airport for your recent stay. I am glad you chose to stay with us. I hope you will stay with us again in the future. I will certainly make sure we have a working phone in your room. Thank oyu for letting us know of th malfunction.

I hope you had safe travels to your destination and that you will stay a memeber of the Hyatt family moving forward.

In hospitality,

Jody Moore

Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights. Came on a semi business trip with spouse to a new movie premier. No room service. Hate that. So So priced. Comfy beds.
Staff does an OK job cleaning rooms. Terrible job in the common areas of Hotel.
Lots of kids unattended using the business area computers. Had to come back several times to print boarding passes.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Jody M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Thank you for taking time to comment on our hotel. We hope you will join us again in the future. I do apologize that the children that were staying in the hotel were not tended to better, this as I am sure you know contributed to the public areas not being kept as we generally do. We appreciate you choosing The Hyatt Place at the Airport and hope you will be our guest again. May the 2014 spring and summer season be good to you and yours!

Warmest regards, Jody Moore and team!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

In the transition of moving to Richmond, we spent several days at the Hyatt Place on Laburnum Ave. From the front desk to maid service, without exception, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We were a bit high maintenance as I had a broken ankle and broken wrist, plus we had our small dog with us, but they were always very accommodating. Our dog looked forward to walking past the front desk, as they offered him a greeting & dog treat.

We stayed in a handicap room on the main floor that was clean and up-to-date. The large flat screen TV was a bonus. The beds were comfortable. We didn't try the continental breakfast, but my husband appreciated the on-site free Starbucks coffee. There was a coffee pot in our room supplied with tea, as well. Once, as we were leaving our room, maid service was passing by and asked if there was anything we needed in our room, or if we needed extra towels or anything. My husband requested more coffee, and from then on out, extra coffee was next to the coffee pot upon our return to our room in each day.

There are many places to eat within walking distance: Chick Fil A, Applebee's, Olive Garden, Steak & Shake, Red Lobster, Taco Bell, Five Guys, and Longhorn Steak, to just name a few, and many others on Laburnum Ave. Target is right next door, so if you need anything, it's very convenient.

The manager is to be applauded, as the staff seemed very well trained to excellent service.

We will definitely recommend this hotel to our friends and family when coming to the area. I really can't say a bad thing about it.

Room Tip: The main floor, handicap room 101, was very quiet and out of the way, with quick and easy access to...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

I remember you needing the first floor due to having your little ones with you and your injuries. I certainly hope the next time you come you will be feeling better. Thank you for your kind words for my staff. We appreciate you choosing out hotel and being our guest, we hope to see you again soon and please never hesitate to call on us if we can ever assist you with making reservations or your accommodations while here.

Best wishes for a wonderful spring and summer.

Jody Moore and team from The Hyatt Place at The Airport Richmond

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We chose Hyatt Place because we have stayed at Hyatt place in other cities with great experiences. Not so much at this location. The front desk staff at check in were very pleasant. We were give a ground floor room and requested a upper floor but were told there was a birthday party up there and they were trying to find a quieter room. So we stayed on the main floor. The room itself was just OK. Not Hyatt quality. Couch was frayed, carpet still dirty / dusty, in bathroom there was evidence of a leak and ceiling was falling, there also was something not sure what on back of bathroom door and wall. Used coffee cups left in room. Bed was good with nice linens.

Other issue we had was breakfast. After reading other reviews I thought the buffet would be really good. The buffet offered eggs and an egg and sausage link mix. My husband chose the egg and sausage mix. In the mix there was some bone or something in the sausage and it caused my husband to crack his tooth. This pretty much ended our breakfasts at the hotel.

I know that kind of thing "happens" but we were really looking forward to a nice relaxing stay at a nice hotel and well it did not meet our expectations. With the worn out couch, room cleanliness and breakfast issues it left me with a feeling that this was a lower class hotel than the Hyatt name usually provides.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jody M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

I apologize that we did not meet you expectations. I am taking corrective action regarding your issue. I hope you will try us again in the future as we do appreciate your business and your comments.

Thank you.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband and I had a great time perfect quick get away. The room was clean and very comfortable the staff was accomodating if you needed anything. Small gym and a heated pool perfect for a winter getaway. The breakfast was good fresh fruits, lighter menu options, 24 hr Cafe option available.

Downtown Richmond 15 minutes away and any shopping needs available right next door to the hotel you really don't have to go anywhere. Would definitely stay again

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comment regarding your stay. We are glad you chose The Hyatt Place Airport Richmond and hope ypu will stay with us again in the near future.

Thank you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Hyatt Place Richmond / Arboretum
Courtyard Richmond Airport
HYATT House Richmond-West
HYATT House Richmond-West
#5 of 82 in Richmond

Been to Hyatt Place Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!