“Loved it!”

Hyatt Place Richmond Airport
Ranked #28 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Friendly staff. Super comfortable beds. Clean rooms. We had a reasonably large suite with a large sofa bed for the price of a regular room. Good continental breakfast. Lots of restaurants and shopping near the hotel. This hotel is a find.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Michelle K
Sunny A, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our hotel. You comments are welcomed at anytime. Most of all though we hope you will be our guest again in the near future.

Jody Moore

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Richmond Airport

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We've stayed here twice in the last month, and we have been very happy. Our destination was actually downtown at the VCU Medical Center, but we chose this hotel since we like the Hyatt Place chain. The hotel is located at the edge of a very large shopping mall complex which has lots of restaurants, and of course shopping. This time we stayed in room 203, which is handicap accessible. No street noise, but there was a constant whining noise like a vacuum cleaner turning on/off all the time (and during the night). With the AC fan on we slept well, but it was kind of a bother when the AC fan stopped blowing. The first time we stayed at this Hyatt it was on the other side of the hotel and there was no noise issue. The bed was soft and comfy, as were the pillows. All the other amenities were clean and as expected for the Hyatt. The handicap room had plenty of room for the power wheel chair to maneuver around, which is not always the case in handicap rooms. The breakfast was nice and had all the basics and then some. We will likely be going to Richmond every few months, and we will be staying at this hotel all the time (but not room 203). Well worth your consideration!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Sunny A, Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Hello,

Thank you so much for your feedback & we appreciate your kind comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

I would like to know which room you stayed in regarding the noise you experienced so that we can investigate & correct it. Please feel free to call me at 804-467-3330 so we can discuss further.

Looking forward to seeing you in the future and thank you again for staying with us.

Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, VA

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Very DISHONEST staff. Was unable to retrieve my engagement ring. I had left it in the bathroom along with two rings on the soap dish. I called hotel same day and they said they had already given the room to someone else that I would have to call back in the morning to see if housekeeping found it. When I called back they said they found 1. Later on they called and said they found them. And they will put them in the safe until I retrieve them. I was so happy until my bf goes and stays there today and it turns out that they had only found 2. My engagement ring was the one stolen. So now I am very upset. I thought I was staying at a nice place considering its part of the hyatt hotel. So either someone in housekeeping stole it, or the staff members that have access to lost and found. I know that the guests that stayed in the room after us did not take them because the room was cleaned and if the housekeeper replaced the soap and shampoo, which is obvious they did he/she grabbed them. It's just impossible for them to only find 2, When they were all in the same exact spot. Whoever took it took the most expensive out of the 3. I hope someone gets fired over this. I'm actually thinking I'll file a police report because after all they were stolen. It's easy to figure out who took it. See who entered the room to clean it by seeing when they swiped and who they gave the rings to afterwards and how many we're given to them. You would think this hotel wouldn't have thieves working at such a nice place considering the clientele. This hotel does not live up to its name.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank stephanyvaldez

Hello,

Firstly, thank you for staying with us. I have been informed by my staff that we found two rings and they were returned to your husband. We investigated the entire incident spoke to the housekeeper who cleaned the room but we found only two rings.

There is definitely some misunderstanding regarding the third ring. Please call me at 804-467-3330 to discuss further if you haven't found it yet. I will help you as much as I can.

Hyatt Place Richmond Airport,VA

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Here for business. Great rooms, with a lot of space. Bonus was a desk to sit and do work at. Bathroom was a bit cramped, it worked. The breakfast is the morning was good. Get there early, it goes fast. The staff was helpful and directed us to some great food joints. Would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Hello,

Thank for your staying at our Hotel. We appreciate your Feedback & are happy to know that your stay was enjoyable.

Please keep us in mind next time your are visiting Richmond, VA.

sincerely,

Director of Operations,
Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, VA

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Pro's staff was friendly at check in!! Joshua was really nice and helpful. Giant room and comfortable bed!

Con's shower had scum all over like it has not been washed in a long time. The big one for me was they ran out of breakfast. There were empty bowls and plates and weren't restocked for at least 30 minutes. No one seemed to care. Dirty plates piled high, no napkins, no hot water, no forks, no clean tables. This was only an hour into breakfast service.

Will go back next time to Hampton Inn, Sandston. A few extra dollars but see not it is worth it!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank allycat1105
Sunny A, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Hello Guest,
First of all I am embarrassed about our Breakfast & cleanliness issues you experienced during your stay at our hotel.

Please accept my Apologies and I also would like to inform you that additional training has been done with our housekeeping & Breakfast team members.

Please give us another chance next time you are in the area to see what improvements we have made. Please call me directly at 804-467-3330 as I would really like to speak with you & offer my apologizes as well.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I found the Hyatt Place chain a while ago, because Im a huge fan of the Hyatt Gold Passport program (along with MANY others), and was so pleasantly surprised with room size, plush clean towels and extremely friendly front desk staff. The room size is huge with desks, separate sitting area with sofa's and usually a large flat screen TV that swivels to accommodate the bedroom as well.

While finding myself stranded and in need of a place to stay, I saw there was a Hyatt Place near the RIC Airport and it happens to be alongside acres of shopping from Target to hair salons and MANY restaurants both fast drive throughs, to dine in. But the hotel also has a wide range of easy comfort food to choose from either using room serves or down in the lobby/bar area. I called from the airport, booked a room and drove down the street and checked in.

I used this Hyatt Place during Hurricane Sandy and right before boarding my flight from DCA onward to Hawaii, with a stop at DFW, my flight was cancelled and was told if I could get to RIC they could reroute me through ORD. So, off I went, in torrential rain to Richmond, VA, a place I've never been. Low and behold after the three hour drive, all flights ended up canceling and, now I'm in Richmond for the night, well I thought for just one night... I ended up being forced to stay in Richmond two nights before I was able to get a flight out. Thanks to the lovely people at the Hyatt Place Richmond, they helped me make the best of my situation. I ate breakfast each morning, shopped and saw the area during the day, and bellied up to the bar each night and drank, ate and chatted with other guests and the friendly staff, all sympathetic to my ongoings.

The Hyatt Place in all the locations I used, have a plentiful free breakfast starting early and decent coffee, not a super luxury Cappuccino, Espresso machine, but it's hot, plentiful and not bitter, and they give guests a few types of milk, not all budget friendly hotels do. They also have egg dishes where I've stayed with fruits and breads.

Now, I can't say I will ever book a vacation stay within the Hyatt Place chain, they do fully realize who their customer(s) are and cater quite well to them, the business traveler(s), as well as the needs of guests like myself and guests who don't want the hassles of getting to the airport for early flights.

Travel can be tough and tedious, so be kind to your fellow traveler and be smart, safe and enjoy the experience's in front of you.

B

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank HBAcres
Sunny A, Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time & providing us feedback regarding your stay at our Hotel. We appreciate your Business and looking forward to seeing you in the future.

Director of Operations

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here very much. Stayed one night prior to flying out early the next morning. They had a great airport shuttle which made it convenient. The hotel was clean and nice and very comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Hi Carla,

Thank you for taking the time to providing us feedback about your stay at our Hotel. We appreciate your business and hope to see you in the future.

Sincerely

Director of Operaions

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport
Homewood Suites Richmond Airport
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Courtyard Richmond Airport

Been to Hyatt Place Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!