All reviews red lobster stores and restaurants continental breakfast sitting area sofa bed clean rooms stayed one night nice room very nice hotel target kelsey desk shuttle refrigerator interstate
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Having stayed at the Hyatt Place RIC last November, I had no reservations about booking another stay for a business trip this year. However, I found the service to be woefully lacking this time.

While it is a newer Hyatt Place, the rooms lack a few things that would make it truly great. For one, blackout drapes. Yes, the draperies block light, but they don't fully meet in the middle or cover the sides, so light comes in anyway. I'm a big stickler for blackout drapes as I travel across multiple time zones and, frankly, really need it to adjust to a new zone. Secondly, the shower is weird - it's a walk-in, which is great, but the 'door' is really a 1/3 partition.

The biggest source of irritation this trip was housekeeping. When I checked in on a Sunday evening, there was a McDonald's bag of trash just off the elevator on the 5th Floor. When I checked out Tuesday morning, it was still there. And, yes, you could smell it. Secondly, my Monday morning meeting was at 10 AM, so I visited the gym (which is a little on the light side...) and had breakfast downstairs. At 8:40 AM, housekeeping slid a note under my door telling me they would not service my room as I had the 'do not disturb' sign up. I could understand if it was 2 PM, but before 9!? Unacceptable. But, the rooms are nicely equipped, spacious, and in good working order.

Net, I think there are better options in the area. This one's just OK.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

i am a platinum member of the Hyatt chain and I was very disappointed with this Hyatt Place. i usually stay at the location in Glen Allen but stopped going there because the service was awful and another one of my colleagues said she had a roach in her room. The Hyatt Place at the airport is newer than the other one so I decided to stay there. I checked in and the front desk was helpful and greeted as they should. We I got to my room i put my wine in the fridge and notice baby formula. I had ordered food so I took the formula downstairs, returned to my room and notice a dirty diaper in the corner. Needless to stay i requested another room and they gave me a handicap room. Everything waist level!!!!! Its was midnight and I was tired and did not want to change rooms AGAIN. Wont be back for a while.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Arrival and check-in was great, The location is very good, just off I-64, and very close to all shopping and many restaurants. The room was very nice and roomy with a clean bathroom and beautiful decore. The only confusion and hold-up was at checkout due to Expedia failing to provide method of charging (paying) for the room. The desk attendant explained the process of booking through a third party, Expedia, and resulting in paying more for the room versus calling the hotel directly. Lesson Learned.

Room Tip: I liked the view of the stores and activity. The other side just faces the highway.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We arrived late (11:00) on Monday night, our room was booked on hotwire. Easy to find. Staff friendly, but seemed distracted even though no one else was checking in at the same time. We got to room, clean and large on 2nd floor. We got up early to get back on road. Desk was empty but breakfast was already out and plentiful. Many cereals to choose from as well as hot oatmeal, bagels, toast, fruit and yogurt. Coffee and tea as well as juice available to take to go. We checked out with no difficulty and were off. Lots of stores and shops in plaza.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 22, 2012

There's nothing really wrong this property as it is typical of Hyatt Places. The staff here is fine. The facility is well kept and clean. It conveniently located to the airport and a lot of shopping and fast food and chain restaurants are just outside.

The question is whether or you you like this type of hotel with it's trendy minimalist, modern decor and odd room designs. I don't particularly care for either aspect, but you might.

The rooms at Hyatt Place properties are, indeed, different, and they might work for you, but after over a dozen nights in these, I've not grown fond of the layout. There is a small but perfectly adequately sized "living room/office" area with lots of plugs for your computers and chargers. The TV (large) is mounted between the living area and bed area on a swivel so you can watch it from the couch or in bed.

The bedding is OK, but not of Hyatt Hotel quality and the bed area seems cramped to me.

They place the sink forward of the bed and not in the bathroom itself, which I don't care for. The bathroom has a walk-in shower and no tub, so if you're looking for a soak after a long day, you'll have to make a hot shower do. The shower doesn't close but only has a small swivel door to block the spray and water typically leaks onto the floor.

The closet is SMALL and inconveniently located.

I truly don't like the trend these properties have (along with other brands of similar pricing) where they have tried to create a "home kitchen area" and breakfast becomes a free-for-all with this here, and that over there and everyone tripping over one another trying to serve themselves. It's OK when its not crowded but not when the hotel is busy.

The food quality is average, at best.

Personally, I would not choose a Hyatt Place for my own travel as I just don't care for the overall style of the hotel, but, as I said, it may work for you.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms here are quiet, which is my #1 priority with room selection.