All reviews red lobster stores and restaurants continental breakfast sitting area sofa bed clean rooms stayed one night target kelsey desk shuttle refrigerator interstate
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had a reservation and arrived in the area around 4 pm. We called the hotel and were told the rooms would not be ready until 6:30. We thought this was unusual, but we walked around a while and then went to dinner. We arrived at the hotel around 7:00. We were finally given a room at 8:00 pm and there were still others waiting for a room! We were told the rooms were still being cleaned. There was only one person at the desk to check people in and answer the phones. When we complained about that, she said everyone else was cleaning rooms. But there was a man mopping the floor in front of the elevator. Why wasn't he helping to clean rooms?

Once we did get into the room, it was vey nice and yes, it was clean. I would love to stay in a room like that again, but I would never stay there again because of the poor customer service!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank lovestotravel096
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Typical Hyatt Place decor and front desk was exceptional. Hotel was way below HP standards in regards to housekeeping and cleanliness. Dirty laundry and garbage was overflowing throughout the hallways. I even had some towels with Hampton tags on them. Need to replace you 3 yr old towels people.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charles B
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Flight delays caused me to arrive without a reservation, and the desk staff was very accommodating. The room smelled stale, potentially a previous cigarette smoker. I reported the fan in the bathroom was permanently on, and was told all the rooms were like that The drinking glasses all had spots and streaks, so I washed with hot water and shampoo before using. The sofa had a stain and looked disheveled like someone just got up from sitting on it. I left the next morning sure I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I stayed for one night, and it was very nice and restful. Large modern room, with separate living room area. Huge flat screen, nicely decorated. Could have easily stayed conger! Also a nice selection of restaurants and shopping a short walk away.

Room Tip: Get the king bed.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank STAROART
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night while passing through Richmond. I must say that the hotel was nicer than I expected! It seemed to be brand new, very modern and clean. Our room was big with a sitting area and king bed. The tv was really big and nice. The breakfast was good, just standard cereals, fruit, yogurt, donuts, nothing fancy. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple