All reviews red lobster stores and restaurants continental breakfast sitting area sofa bed clean rooms stayed one night nice room very nice hotel target kelsey desk shuttle refrigerator interstate
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Flight delays caused me to arrive without a reservation, and the desk staff was very accommodating. The room smelled stale, potentially a previous cigarette smoker. I reported the fan in the bathroom was permanently on, and was told all the rooms were like that The drinking glasses all had spots and streaks, so I washed with hot water and shampoo before using. The sofa had a stain and looked disheveled like someone just got up from sitting on it. I left the next morning sure I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I stayed for one night, and it was very nice and restful. Large modern room, with separate living room area. Huge flat screen, nicely decorated. Could have easily stayed conger! Also a nice selection of restaurants and shopping a short walk away.

Room Tip: Get the king bed.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank STAROART
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night while passing through Richmond. I must say that the hotel was nicer than I expected! It seemed to be brand new, very modern and clean. Our room was big with a sitting area and king bed. The tv was really big and nice. The breakfast was good, just standard cereals, fruit, yogurt, donuts, nothing fancy. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DRB060607
Reviewed July 10, 2012

The rooms were typical Hyatt Place (which is not a bad thing!)-- one room with separate seating area with large sofa, desk and mini-frig. Bed is in its own area and the large flat-screen TV swivels to either area. Sink separate from shower/toilet which makes it easier for 2 people to get ready in the morning. Very clean and well-appointed. Free breakfast is continental but substantial, and for those who wish more, one can order omelets, etc. for a charge. But don't wait till the last minute as the food dwindles down. Many restaurants are in the shopping area next door, as well as a full grocery store, Target, Penney's and many small shops. Good for night time strolling. And kudos to Gary, the desk clerk who helped us print our boarding passes in his own office when I couldn't get on the website myself for some reason. He was a lifesaver!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bverbos
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Stayed here 1 night with my two girls before our trip to Italy. We were so hungry for dinner that night as the kids hadn't eaten. Took advantage of Fresh Food 24/7 and ordered. But they didn't have ingredients for our order so we had to change and wait longer. 45' later the food came but was so hot my kids couldn't touch them for another 15'. Oh, and the drinks? I had to ask 3 times for the 2 cups if milk and one cup of water. For all this you would think I'd be charged without mistakes, but no. I had to wait a couple of hours the next morning to get the overcharges credited to my account. The continental breakfast had little choice for health conscious eaters. All cereals in the dispenser were stale and sugary. The only whole grain was raisin bran. The bagels were plain white, English muffins, plain white, and sliced bread plain white with only 4 slices of wheat ( maybe not even 100% whole grain). They had donuts, and Dannon Light& Fit yogurt, no plain for a choice. The oatmeal was cold and hard and dry. But they have coffee, juice and milk, and badly bruised apples!
For the price you pay, service needs to improve and breakfast needs to be as modern as the Hyatt but not as minimalist as it's decor!

• Stayed: June 2012