All reviews red lobster stores and restaurants continental breakfast sitting area sofa bed clean rooms stayed one night nice room very nice hotel target kelsey desk shuttle refrigerator interstate
Reviewed July 10, 2012

The rooms were typical Hyatt Place (which is not a bad thing!)-- one room with separate seating area with large sofa, desk and mini-frig. Bed is in its own area and the large flat-screen TV swivels to either area. Sink separate from shower/toilet which makes it easier for 2 people to get ready in the morning. Very clean and well-appointed. Free breakfast is continental but substantial, and for those who wish more, one can order omelets, etc. for a charge. But don't wait till the last minute as the food dwindles down. Many restaurants are in the shopping area next door, as well as a full grocery store, Target, Penney's and many small shops. Good for night time strolling. And kudos to Gary, the desk clerk who helped us print our boarding passes in his own office when I couldn't get on the website myself for some reason. He was a lifesaver!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bverbos
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Stayed here 1 night with my two girls before our trip to Italy. We were so hungry for dinner that night as the kids hadn't eaten. Took advantage of Fresh Food 24/7 and ordered. But they didn't have ingredients for our order so we had to change and wait longer. 45' later the food came but was so hot my kids couldn't touch them for another 15'. Oh, and the drinks? I had to ask 3 times for the 2 cups if milk and one cup of water. For all this you would think I'd be charged without mistakes, but no. I had to wait a couple of hours the next morning to get the overcharges credited to my account. The continental breakfast had little choice for health conscious eaters. All cereals in the dispenser were stale and sugary. The only whole grain was raisin bran. The bagels were plain white, English muffins, plain white, and sliced bread plain white with only 4 slices of wheat ( maybe not even 100% whole grain). They had donuts, and Dannon Light& Fit yogurt, no plain for a choice. The oatmeal was cold and hard and dry. But they have coffee, juice and milk, and badly bruised apples!
For the price you pay, service needs to improve and breakfast needs to be as modern as the Hyatt but not as minimalist as it's decor!

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank GreenVa
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I was a bit concerned by the exterior, but the inside was a nice surprise. The lobby was very well kept and had a boutique feel. The layout is very good and everything was easy to find. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My room was huge. This is a great place for the business traveler with easy access to the airport and interstate. Free wi-fi in your room is always a plus. There could have been a bit more with the free breakfast. You can pay for a hot breakfast. I will definitely stay there again on my next trip to Richmond.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank AlabamaTraveler33
Reviewed May 30, 2012

The hyatt place is a great hotel to stay our but with the new management and not properly trained staff, mistakes are being made and customer service is gone out the window. James has repeatedly lies and made threats to his customers and is unwilling to make amends for his actions. If you want to have a great stay in a hotel but a bad customer service and poor training from the management then this is your hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Justin S
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Great place for business. I usually stay at Hampton but this place blows them away. My room was great with awesome sitting area. Great amenities and service. I am sold on Hyatt place. Well done!

FYI area a little sketchy. Kids were smoking marijuana in parking lot. Not hotels problem but villages are nice.

• Stayed: May 2012