All reviewsred lobsterstores and restaurantscontinental breakfastpull out couchsitting areaclean roomsstayed one nightenjoyed my staynice roomvery nice hotelbed was very comfortabletargetkelseydesksinkshuttlerefrigerator
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I was a bit concerned by the exterior, but the inside was a nice surprise. The lobby was very well kept and had a boutique feel. The layout is very good and everything was easy to find. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My room was huge. This is a great place for the business traveler with easy access to the airport and interstate. Free wi-fi in your room is always a plus. There could have been a bit more with the free breakfast. You can pay for a hot breakfast. I will definitely stay there again on my next trip to Richmond.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank AlabamaTraveler33
Reviewed May 30, 2012

The hyatt place is a great hotel to stay our but with the new management and not properly trained staff, mistakes are being made and customer service is gone out the window. James has repeatedly lies and made threats to his customers and is unwilling to make amends for his actions. If you want to have a great stay in a hotel but a bad customer service and poor training from the management then this is your hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Justin S
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Great place for business. I usually stay at Hampton but this place blows them away. My room was great with awesome sitting area. Great amenities and service. I am sold on Hyatt place. Well done!

FYI area a little sketchy. Kids were smoking marijuana in parking lot. Not hotels problem but villages are nice.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Anthony G
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Seems this hotel has fallen off the hyatt quality list. Staff very frinedly but not very well versed on resteraunts around the hotel. when asked at 10pm for a place to eat we were directed to places driving distance, walked outside and there were resteraunts across from the parking lot.
There was bags of garbage on our floor by the elevator at night, still there in the morning. Hyatt usually has a great breakfast, not here, buns were soggy as was the lettuce on them. Apple juice off flavor, coffee cold. All served on plastic because they said it was the weekend.
Room was hot and stuffy when we got there until we turned on the air.Very small bathroom, extra large sitting area.Good beds. It was very much like staying at a best western.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I was so pleasantly surprised by the Hyatt Place. Everything about it was first rate. Front desk staff was helpful; the room was very modern, hi-tech, large, clean with a comfortable bed. Prices were great. Continental breakfast included. It started at 6 a.m. which was helpful since I had to leave by 6:30 a.m. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Downside (not a negative for the hotel): located in a mall (Target, JC Penney) which is OK, but the only restaurants nearby were chain places. I guess that is good if you have the kids with you & you want something familiar, but I'd much rather eat local.

The only hotel negative was that the continental breakfast was mediocre. Enough there to grab a quick bite, but the choices were very limited. More fruit would have been great.

Overall, I'm still smiling from the thought of the Hyatt Place. Not sure if all in the chain are like this one, but I'll definitely try another Hyatt Place!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends