All reviewsred lobsterstores and restaurantscontinental breakfastsitting areasofa bedclean roomsstayed one nightnice roomvery nice hoteltargetkelseydeskshuttlerefrigeratorinterstate
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Called because I threw my back out the week before and lets just say, bathtubs would be an issue. Jessica was quick to answer the phone, quick to act and when I got there the rest of the staff was just as good. Not far from downtown, a little bit of a drive from VCU but on and off the highway in an instant. There is a new strip mall area there, I had my throwback Steak n shake breakfast on a bun and it was awesome! There are stores and a supermarket not very far. The chain has been consistent in it's service. We didn't get to the pool but it is indoor.

Room Tip: Try to get a room as you get out of the elevators to the right of the hallway. Facing the mall, the garbage truck will wake you at 4 am.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ewill78358
JMikeBerry, Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! We are delighted to know you enjoyed the visit!

Thanks,
Robert Keeter
Chief Engineer

Reviewed March 8, 2012

I have stayed at this location about 3 times. It's within 3 miles of RIC airport, close to I-64 and has several food choices within walking distance.

LOVE the big screen tvs at H.P.. And I'm really glad to enjoy the upgraded showers with glass door and updated tile.

This is my go-to hotel for yearly business trips to Richmond.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

The entire staff loves hearing what our guests have to say! Feedback like this helps us learn where to improve and what we're doing well.

Thanks,
Robert Keeter
Chief Engineer

Reviewed February 23, 2012

This is one of the top 3 Hyatt Place's I've stayed at. It's not a remodel so it's a little bigger with great showers. Large fitness center with a pool. Perfect location off the freeway plus you're in the parking lot with restaurants and plenty of shopping (Target, JC Penney, Office Max, etc.)

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 14, 2012

If you have stayed at other Hyatt Place hotels, you will be comforted to know that this Richmond Airport location represents the brand name well. The accommodations are new, modern, and classy but still feel very cozy for those nights away from home. I was impressed with the service at my check-in at almost 1am after a long evening of travels up from Florida and appreciated that the room was extremely clean and very comfortable for my short night's stay.

The room was super spacious, as was the huge walk-in shower in the bathroom. Probably my only negative about the room (which is a very minor one) is that the walk-in shower doesn't have a full door or curtain so it was difficult to get a full, steamy shower in the morning since the air could escape easily around the partial glass enclosure. Aside from that though, the shower was heavenly-- very nice rain shower head that actually had good water pressure and lots of hot water!

The room was equipped with a fridge, coffee maker, hair dryer, and all of the typical free toiletries-- plus a free mini-tube of Aquafresh (a nice treat that Hyatt Place hotels is known for, and one I appreciate so that I don't have to bring my own larger tube of toothpaste on the trip).

The bed was wooonderful (really comfy) and the pillows offered a nice variety of densities to meet a lot of different sleeping preferences. I like a soft feather pillow and was happy that they had one right there to accommodate me!

Free wi-fi access worked great, which is always a huge plus in my book!!!

The free shuttle from the airport is super helpful if you don't have a car and, for those with rentals (like me), parking on the property is free! The drive from the airport was a piece of cake-- the hotel is just a few short miles from the airport but far enough away that airplane noise is not an issue at all. I heard nothing and slept like a baby!

A continental breakfast is included for free and the biscuits and hot gravy were a nice treat on that cold winter morning last week. There are lots of cereals, fruits, bagels, and such too.

I have posted a few pictures of my room and will just end this review by saying that I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on my last business trip to that area and, while it was very nice as well, I would definitely stay at the Hyatt Place again on my next trip. This hotel just felt much homier, even with as new and modern as it was (oh, and it was a great RATE under $100 out the door!). That said, you can't go wrong with either stay. :-) Enjoy your trip to Richmond!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank debbiesdreamtrips
JMikeBerry, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete such a detailed TripAdvisor review. I am sure it will be beneficial for our future guest. And thank you for mentioning our many features such as spacious rooms, Hyatt Grand Bed, 42 inch flat screen TV's, and our shuttle service. We look forward to your next visit to Richmond, VA!

Mike Berry

Reviewed January 14, 2012

My wife and 3 sons (6,4, and 2) stayed at the hyatt place in route to Myrtle Beach. We like breaking the trip up in 2 and this is about half way from NJ. The hotel is fairly new and very nice for family. The rooms are large and have a fridge, microwave, 42 in TV?, and sofa bed. We also have a nice continental breakfast. The best thing was I used Hyatt Goldpassport points which made it free.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
JMikeBerry, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2012

Our staff at the Hyatt Place is ecstatic that your family enjoyed their stay with us!! Those Hyatt Gold Passport points really come in handy. If we can ever be assistance to you, please do not hesitate contact us. We look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Mike Berry