All reviewsred lobsterstores and restaurantscontinental breakfastpull out couchsitting areaclean roomsstayed one nightenjoyed my staynice roomvery nice hotelbed was very comfortabletargetkelseydesksinkshuttlerefrigerator
Reviewed January 14, 2012

If you have stayed at other Hyatt Place hotels, you will be comforted to know that this Richmond Airport location represents the brand name well. The accommodations are new, modern, and classy but still feel very cozy for those nights away from home. I was impressed with the service at my check-in at almost 1am after a long evening of travels up from Florida and appreciated that the room was extremely clean and very comfortable for my short night's stay.

The room was super spacious, as was the huge walk-in shower in the bathroom. Probably my only negative about the room (which is a very minor one) is that the walk-in shower doesn't have a full door or curtain so it was difficult to get a full, steamy shower in the morning since the air could escape easily around the partial glass enclosure. Aside from that though, the shower was heavenly-- very nice rain shower head that actually had good water pressure and lots of hot water!

The room was equipped with a fridge, coffee maker, hair dryer, and all of the typical free toiletries-- plus a free mini-tube of Aquafresh (a nice treat that Hyatt Place hotels is known for, and one I appreciate so that I don't have to bring my own larger tube of toothpaste on the trip).

The bed was wooonderful (really comfy) and the pillows offered a nice variety of densities to meet a lot of different sleeping preferences. I like a soft feather pillow and was happy that they had one right there to accommodate me!

Free wi-fi access worked great, which is always a huge plus in my book!!!

The free shuttle from the airport is super helpful if you don't have a car and, for those with rentals (like me), parking on the property is free! The drive from the airport was a piece of cake-- the hotel is just a few short miles from the airport but far enough away that airplane noise is not an issue at all. I heard nothing and slept like a baby!

A continental breakfast is included for free and the biscuits and hot gravy were a nice treat on that cold winter morning last week. There are lots of cereals, fruits, bagels, and such too.

I have posted a few pictures of my room and will just end this review by saying that I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on my last business trip to that area and, while it was very nice as well, I would definitely stay at the Hyatt Place again on my next trip. This hotel just felt much homier, even with as new and modern as it was (oh, and it was a great RATE under $100 out the door!). That said, you can't go wrong with either stay. :-) Enjoy your trip to Richmond!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank debbiesdreamtrips
JMikeBerry, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete such a detailed TripAdvisor review. I am sure it will be beneficial for our future guest. And thank you for mentioning our many features such as spacious rooms, Hyatt Grand Bed, 42 inch flat screen TV's, and our shuttle service. We look forward to your next visit to Richmond, VA!

Reviewed January 14, 2012

My wife and 3 sons (6,4, and 2) stayed at the hyatt place in route to Myrtle Beach. We like breaking the trip up in 2 and this is about half way from NJ. The hotel is fairly new and very nice for family. The rooms are large and have a fridge, microwave, 42 in TV?, and sofa bed. We also have a nice continental breakfast. The best thing was I used Hyatt Goldpassport points which made it free.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
JMikeBerry, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2012

Our staff at the Hyatt Place is ecstatic that your family enjoyed their stay with us!! Those Hyatt Gold Passport points really come in handy. If we can ever be assistance to you, please do not hesitate contact us. We look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Reviewed January 4, 2012

Conveinient access near the airport. Great service from all personnel. The hotel manager offerred to give me a tour of the hotel. Hotel looked relatively new or remodeled.Modern contemporary room. Large TV.Very Clean. In walking distance of several closeby good restaurants. Would definitely recommend staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
JMikeBerry, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2012

We at the Hyatt Place appreciate you taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor Survey. And especially pleased you mentioned our modern design, 42 inch flat screen TV, excellent location and clean rooms. We look forward to your next visit to Richmond, VA.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

This is a new hotel located in the White Oaks shopping area. Plenty of restaurants available closeby. However, if you wanted to order lunch or dinner at the hotel, you were very limited in what you could have. I wanted a salad one evening, and they had no salad! However, the staff themselves made up for the lack of ingredients, by actually going to the local store and buying it themselves!
The rooms were very large with a massive TV. I didn't like the fact that the wash hand basin was in the main room and not in an actual bathroom.

Overall, the staff were the ones that made my week long stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Rojo71
JMikeBerry, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a detailed TripAdvisor review. I will definitely let my staff know that they made your week long stay with us enjoyable. And thank you for mentioning our many features such as spacious rooms, location to many restaurants, 42 inch flat screen TV's, and our attentive staff. We look forward to your next visit to Richmond, VA.

Reviewed November 6, 2011

The Hyatt Place RIC is located just off I-64 about three miles from the airport. There are plenty of restaurants nearby, and the hotel is just off a large shopping center. Unlike many Hyatt Places, this one appears to be recently built and not just a renovated Amerisuites.

I used the check-in kiosk, which was a breeze, and I was quickly off to my room on the 5th floor. The room is pretty standard Hyatt place - L-shaped sofa, big flat-screen dividing the room, lots of browns and tans, small fridge, etc. Everything was clean and functional, and the bathroom was nice and spacious (but the shower has this odd half-door that leaves a bit of an, ahem, breeze flowing into the shower).

My biggest complaints: noise & light. Make sure you get a room that faces away from the highway, as it was quite loud, even from the 5th floor. And, I could hear all the footsteps from the room above me. The other thing - the draperies allowed in quite a bit of light. I spend about half the year in hotels, and blackout drapes are a must for me when dealing with jet lag. Sadly, I've never been in a Hyatt that had them.

So, in a nutshell, it's a good choice, but the noise situation was really bothersome.

Room Tip: Face away from the highway
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete such a detailed TripAdvisor review. I am sure it will be beneficial for our future guest. I apologize concerning the issues you had with the noise and drapes. We do offer blackout drapes in every room, so if you can call me to discuss this issue. We look forward to your next visit to Richmond, VA.

804.549.4865