All reviews red lobster stores and restaurants sitting area continental breakfast sofa bed clean rooms business trip nice room stayed one night convenient location target kelsey desk ottoman refrigerator shuttle interstate
Reviewed November 28, 2011

This is a new hotel located in the White Oaks shopping area. Plenty of restaurants available closeby. However, if you wanted to order lunch or dinner at the hotel, you were very limited in what you could have. I wanted a salad one evening, and they had no salad! However, the staff themselves made up for the lack of ingredients, by actually going to the local store and buying it themselves!
The rooms were very large with a massive TV. I didn't like the fact that the wash hand basin was in the main room and not in an actual bathroom.

Overall, the staff were the ones that made my week long stay enjoyable.

Date of stay: September 2011
1  Thank Rojo71
JMikeBerry, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a detailed TripAdvisor review. I will definitely let my staff know that they made your week long stay with us enjoyable. And thank you for mentioning our many features such as spacious rooms, location to many restaurants, 42 inch flat screen TV's, and our attentive staff. We look forward to your next visit to Richmond, VA.

Reviewed November 6, 2011

The Hyatt Place RIC is located just off I-64 about three miles from the airport. There are plenty of restaurants nearby, and the hotel is just off a large shopping center. Unlike many Hyatt Places, this one appears to be recently built and not just a renovated Amerisuites.

I used the check-in kiosk, which was a breeze, and I was quickly off to my room on the 5th floor. The room is pretty standard Hyatt place - L-shaped sofa, big flat-screen dividing the room, lots of browns and tans, small fridge, etc. Everything was clean and functional, and the bathroom was nice and spacious (but the shower has this odd half-door that leaves a bit of an, ahem, breeze flowing into the shower).

My biggest complaints: noise & light. Make sure you get a room that faces away from the highway, as it was quite loud, even from the 5th floor. And, I could hear all the footsteps from the room above me. The other thing - the draperies allowed in quite a bit of light. I spend about half the year in hotels, and blackout drapes are a must for me when dealing with jet lag. Sadly, I've never been in a Hyatt that had them.

So, in a nutshell, it's a good choice, but the noise situation was really bothersome.

Room tip: Face away from the highway
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete such a detailed TripAdvisor review. I am sure it will be beneficial for our future guest. I apologize concerning the issues you had with the noise and drapes. We do offer blackout drapes in every room, so if you can call me to discuss this issue. We look forward to your next visit to Richmond, VA.

804.549.4865

Reviewed November 2, 2011

Hyatt Places are one of my favorite hotels. The rooms are extremely big and comfortable. Separate couch area, mini fridge, flat screen and comfortable beds. You can walk to several restaurants, shopping and movies. It's like suburbia at an airport hotel. Breakfast in the morning. Great hotel choice!

Room tip: Mini fridge so you can bring leftovers back from the many restaurants in near proximity.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for the glowing review on TripAdvisor!! Your comments will assist many future travelers to the Richmond area. Thank you for taking the time to make such a detailed account of your stay with us. If i can ever be assistance to you, please do not hesitate contact me. We look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Hotel was very clean and the staff was great! Loved the layout of my room as well. Just a hop skip jump away from a steak house. All your needs were located right there! I will for sure go back again!

Date of stay: October 2011

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our TripAdvisor Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 804-549-4865.

Reviewed October 29, 2011

Most of the staff is lazy all but one. I had booked a king room which was held with my visa card and when I checked in they had gave my room away and gave me a double and the first room that they sent me to had only been some what cleaned there was water in the ice bucket and a stain on one the bed covers we had to move rooms it took over 30 mins to get checked in and I was the only one checking in. To make things worse at breakfast with almost an hour to serve all of the table where dirty most of the food was gone, they had 4 people working the only one doing anything was the girl at the front desk and she was having to help do everything her name was Alexandria she did a great job and was doing everybody's job. The girl working breakfast was Taniesha a lady ask her for some doughnuts she said that they didn't have anymore and that what she was telling everybody about what ever she was out but that was a lie, the girl at the front desk said that they had everything and went and got it for the people who wanted things that is wrong you don't lie to people because you are lazy. as to the tables being dirty they where only a few people eating the staff had 3 other people other then the front desk girl was working but they where just wanting to stand around and talk. if you stay I hope that Alexandria is working that is all this hotel has going on for it.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple