All reviews red lobster stores and restaurants continental breakfast sitting area sofa bed clean rooms stayed one night nice room very nice hotel target kelsey desk shuttle refrigerator interstate
Reviewed November 6, 2011

The Hyatt Place RIC is located just off I-64 about three miles from the airport. There are plenty of restaurants nearby, and the hotel is just off a large shopping center. Unlike many Hyatt Places, this one appears to be recently built and not just a renovated Amerisuites.

I used the check-in kiosk, which was a breeze, and I was quickly off to my room on the 5th floor. The room is pretty standard Hyatt place - L-shaped sofa, big flat-screen dividing the room, lots of browns and tans, small fridge, etc. Everything was clean and functional, and the bathroom was nice and spacious (but the shower has this odd half-door that leaves a bit of an, ahem, breeze flowing into the shower).

My biggest complaints: noise & light. Make sure you get a room that faces away from the highway, as it was quite loud, even from the 5th floor. And, I could hear all the footsteps from the room above me. The other thing - the draperies allowed in quite a bit of light. I spend about half the year in hotels, and blackout drapes are a must for me when dealing with jet lag. Sadly, I've never been in a Hyatt that had them.

So, in a nutshell, it's a good choice, but the noise situation was really bothersome.

Room Tip: Face away from the highway
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
JMikeBerry, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete such a detailed TripAdvisor review. I am sure it will be beneficial for our future guest. I apologize concerning the issues you had with the noise and drapes. We do offer blackout drapes in every room, so if you can call me to discuss this issue. We look forward to your next visit to Richmond, VA.

804.549.4865

Reviewed November 2, 2011

Hyatt Places are one of my favorite hotels. The rooms are extremely big and comfortable. Separate couch area, mini fridge, flat screen and comfortable beds. You can walk to several restaurants, shopping and movies. It's like suburbia at an airport hotel. Breakfast in the morning. Great hotel choice!

Room Tip: Mini fridge so you can bring leftovers back from the many restaurants in near proximity.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for the glowing review on TripAdvisor!! Your comments will assist many future travelers to the Richmond area. Thank you for taking the time to make such a detailed account of your stay with us. If i can ever be assistance to you, please do not hesitate contact me. We look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Hotel was very clean and the staff was great! Loved the layout of my room as well. Just a hop skip jump away from a steak house. All your needs were located right there! I will for sure go back again!

• Stayed: October 2011

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our TripAdvisor Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 804-549-4865.

Reviewed October 29, 2011

Most of the staff is lazy all but one. I had booked a king room which was held with my visa card and when I checked in they had gave my room away and gave me a double and the first room that they sent me to had only been some what cleaned there was water in the ice bucket and a stain on one the bed covers we had to move rooms it took over 30 mins to get checked in and I was the only one checking in. To make things worse at breakfast with almost an hour to serve all of the table where dirty most of the food was gone, they had 4 people working the only one doing anything was the girl at the front desk and she was having to help do everything her name was Alexandria she did a great job and was doing everybody's job. The girl working breakfast was Taniesha a lady ask her for some doughnuts she said that they didn't have anymore and that what she was telling everybody about what ever she was out but that was a lie, the girl at the front desk said that they had everything and went and got it for the people who wanted things that is wrong you don't lie to people because you are lazy. as to the tables being dirty they where only a few people eating the staff had 3 other people other then the front desk girl was working but they where just wanting to stand around and talk. if you stay I hope that Alexandria is working that is all this hotel has going on for it.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Regbowman
Reviewed October 23, 2011

My husband and I and his parents stayed here for a weekend in October 2011 and were very pleased. Great location- several restaurants and stores within walking distance; also right next to I64 but you don't hear all the freeway noise. Loved the modern decor in the lobby. Staff was very friendly and eager to help. Room was very spacious and clean- loved the huge HD TV. Continental breakfast was good- selection wasn't huge, but quality was nice and they served non-watered down Starbucks that was great! I would definitely use this hotel again when I go to Richmond.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family