“Short stay but still a very good one”

Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Ranked #31 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stopped here for an overnight stay on a road trip from Florida to Ottawa on July 13, 2014... We got in late but still had amazing service. The room was clean and spacious. Beds were SUPER comfortable! The only thing that bothered us a bit was the smell in the hallway... I understand anyone can cook pretty much anything so it’s normal to have different smells but this one, almost made us throw up :( Good thing it smelled nice in the room so we didn’t have trouble sleeping... I did mention the smell to the front desk employee the next morning.
If you come for a long period, you’ll be more than happy with the amenities. They have a BBQ outside, laundry units, superb fitness centre and anything from a waffle maker to a crockpot!!!
As an IHG Platinum member, I was extremely impressed… I’d stay there again in a heartbeat

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank danyka006
CMays804, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2014

Dear Danyka006,

First of all allow me to thank you for taking the time to write such a heartwarming kind review of our hotel! I do sincerely apologize about the issue with the other guest's cooking, it is true everyone can cook anything they want in our hotel, but we will make sure to pay closer attention to this in the future. I am very happy to hear that all of our amenities have impressed you, and don't worry, our team and myself will make sure we keep everything up to the same standards that impressed you the first time! Until we get a chance to see you again, Consider us Home at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

The amenities, amazing staff, room size, and cleanliness are top notch. I am an IHG Gold /Platinum member and have not been impressed with the other brands. This hotel has changed my mind completely. Perks:
Free laundry units, outdoor grills, fitness center, honor snack zone, complimentary business center, and full kitchens, newly updated tub and shower, work station, and LCD TV with the most channels I have yet to experience in a hotel, privacy and some pet friendly rooms.
Wow. Great Job to Chris the General Manager and his wonderful staff.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Andrea W,

Thank you for your honest review of our property and hotel. I am very happy to hear that all of our amenities, channel selection and most importantly, the housekeeping team has been able to meet all of your standards. I sincerely thank you for all of the praise towards all of our teammates hard work, I assure you it will not go unrewarded. We wish you safe travels and good luck! As always Consider us Home at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport!

Reviewed June 28, 2014

The staff here is absolutely top notch. They are helpful, smiling and cheerful
and happy to make your stay as nice as possible. I did not use the restaurant nor the swimming pool so cannot comment on those.The shuttle to the airport runs often and the airport is only 10 minutes away.

Room Tip: I did not use the restaurant nor the swimming pool
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
CMays804, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear Michie B,

Thank you for your fantastic review of our hotel here in Richmond Virginia. Words can not express how happy I am to hear that all of my team's hard work and cheeriness is being not only recognized and appreciated, but shown for the world to see! You have my assurance that we will always work our hardest to make sure you have the most relaxing experience you would ever need. Until we get the chance to see you again, Consider us Home at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport!

Reviewed June 20, 2014

When the shuttle bus driver found out I had decided that I would walk to the restaurant before he had returned from a prievious trip. He actually came looking for me along the route, met me half way and gave me a lift. This type of personal service is not very common and all the staff seemed to care about their customers. Thank you Candlewood.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Grizzly1_12,

Thank you for your review of our property here in Richmond Virginia. It makes me very happy to hear that our shuttle drivers are going out of their way to deliver the most accommodating and heartfelt service they can come up with! You are absolutely right that type of personal service is uncommon, and I will make sure it doesn't go un rewarded. Until we see you again, safe travels!

Reviewed June 14, 2014

I am thoroughly impresseded with CANDLEWOOD SUITES RICHMOND AIRPORT. MELISSA TAYLOR, THE NIGHT AUDITOR was so personable and truly restored my faith in good customer service. She helped my large family with any late night need especially our grandmother who we were there to celebrate. The common phrase from my family was "I could live here".
Ms Taylor and Ms Karen (day shift) made us feel like we were welcomed into their homes.
Kudos to The housekeeping staff for a great job!

Room Tip: Top to bottom a great deal with awesome grills on deck.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear TravelBlog S,

First of all allow me to thank you for your phenomenal review of our hotel here in Richmond Virginia. I am ecstatic to hear that the two lovely ladies you encountered during your stay "restored your faith in good customer service"! I am equally excited to hear that my Housekeeping team is doing a wonderful job at keeping "our home" just as beautiful as we could expect it! We look forward to seeing you again, and I can assure you we will always be here to restore your faith in customer service whenever you feel it may be faltering!

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Very friendly staff, very experienced and helpful with our business needs. Very clean rooms and very comfortable. Front desk staff and the general manager were really helpful with faxing and printing for my home office.

Room Tip: Avoid the elevator
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Abel A,

Thank you sir for your kind and thoughtful review of our property here at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport! I am happy to hear that both myself and my hard working team were able to deliver you with all of the heartfelt customer service you needed! I will also make sure my housekeeping team hears of how good of a job they have been doing! We look forward to seeing you again in the near future, and as always, Consider Us Home at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport!

Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

We were flying out of Richmond the next day and didn't want to drive from the south side on top of a long day of flights. They let you park for free for 14 days and offer a shuttle to the airport and are not more than 5 minutes away. The price of the room was cheaper than 10 days of parking. And as the shuttle wasn't running when we returned mid day, they paid for our can back without question. All in all a good deal

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Nav1go

Dear Amy J,

Thank you for the time you have taken to write a review of our property here at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport! I am very glad to hear that our deals and our property were up to all of your expectations, and you have my promise that we will always cover the cost of the taxi in the rare instance that our shuttle is not able to accommodate you during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future, and until then Consider Us Home At Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport!

Chris Mays

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64
Best Western Plus Governor's Inn
Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Candlewood Suites Richmond-South

Been to Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!