“A standard, decent Candlewood facility”

Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Ranked #31 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I am getting fond on this chain. (In my experience this brand and the Staybridge brand may be the only part of the IHG (International Hotel Group) franchise worth using.) This is a reasonably new, reasonably maintained facility that provides what it represents it provides. Unlike the other brands in the IHG group, IHG has not yet allowed these facilities to fall into hopeless disrepair and dirtiness. I like having a little apartment like setting to return to in the evenings rather than a room.

The facility is close to the airport, but somewhat removed from everything else. That said, it is better than the miserable IHG brand Crown Plaza and the Holiday Inn Express in downtown Richmond.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
jbrown804, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear Jordan C,

We here at Candlewood Richmond Airport thank you for your very honest review of our property. We are delighted to hear our brand is growing on you, and I assure you it will continue! Although our property is set off the beaten path, we find it compliments the majority of our clientele when it comes to escaping the hustle and bustle of the airport traffic. We hold the quality and presentability of our facility in the highest regards, and we are always delighted when our guests take notice. We look forward to having you return to stay with us in the future, and I promise we will never cease to impress.

Always at your service,

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Late June when I had no power I was forced to look for a break from the heat. This was the fifth or sixth placed I called that had a room available for which I was glad they did The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable, furthermore they made the best of a bad situation. I was very satisfied because I was able to check out early and not have to pay for a full night when my power was restored, although I was willing to stay another night. I would highly recommend this motel, also I have never had a bad experience with an IHG motel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank barryw955

Thank you Barryw955 for your honest and heartfelt review of our property here at Candlewood Richmond Airport. Convience under extraneous circumstances is one of our highest priorities, and to hear that we were more than able to meet your expectations and needs shows me that our team here is doing their very best. We wish you the best, and hope we will see you again under better cirumstances than a power outage. And always remember, Consider Us Home at Candlewood Richmond Airport!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stayed overnight with my wife. This property is relatively new and nicely kept. We didn't hear any airplane noise until the morning after we awoke. I don't know if that is because of quiet hours or we were just tired. The room was spacious and well equipped. the kitchenette was a nice touch I didn't expect. We had a problem with the TV remote, the clerk on staff gave us a new one but it didn't work either. I ended up using the buttons on the set to switch between inputs. Everything was as advertised and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
jbrown804, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Thank you KD4DNA for your honest review of our property. We here at Candlewood Suites love to hear that our facilities are nothing short of meeting and exceeding the expectations of our guests. We do apologise for the issues with the remote you had during your stay, we have had a few hiccups resulting from the upgrade to facility wide HD DirecTV. I assure you we are looking into a solution, and will have this corrected in the near future. As always, consider us home at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

My hubby and I stayed at this hotel during the Thanksgiving holiday. As we were traveling we called to see if we could get an early checkin (traffic was surprisinly light). A very nice man answered and stated "Yes, you can check in early, we have prepared to allow early check in to guest arriving today". I was so surprised, with my travels over the years I have never gotten that response. When we checked in the same young man was at the counter, his name was Marcel. He was fast with the check in and even gave us a very nice room with a king bed vs two doubles. The room was very clean and quiet and the location was great. White Oak mall is only about a mile away and the airport as well. Upon check out, I had a problem with the third party booking agent and had to pay until resolved. Marcel was very patient and told me once the third party booking agent fixed the problem he would credit back the room charge on my credit card since I had already prepaid. We went to breakfast and within the hour, the third party had fixed the problem and Marcel has already credited back my account. He was very efficient and quick and we just about to call me when I called to follow up. I was so impressed with the customer service provided by Marcel that I will be making reservations at the same location for the Christmas holiday. Just going the extra mile for holiday travellers is so refreshing and appreciated. Thank you Marcel and Candlewood Suites. Signed: A very very happy customer.

Room Tip: Just be polite and it will be returned. Especially if Marcel checks you in.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LadyGhana

Thank you LadyGhana for your impeccable review of our property. As you can tell we consider our guest relations to be of the highest importance when it comes to our guests enjoyment of their stay. Marcel has been a fantastic addition to our front desk team, and is fitting in quite wonderfully with our already amazing staff, as is reflected by previous reviews. We consider ourselves here as purveyors of going the extra mile to accomidate our guests, and although you had an issue with your third party booking site, I am glad to hear we took care of everything for you in a timely manner. We cant wait to have you back here later this month, and I assure you we will do nothing short of making your stay wonderful. Consider us home at Candlewood Richmond Airport!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stood one night to rest from driving down to Raleigh, NC from NY. The room was very clean, bedding had crisp clean sheets. Check in was a breeze, Nathan was so nice and helpful. If you want a comfortable stay with no worries. Pick this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
jbrown804, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you Globaby24 for your kind words and appreciation for our product and team here at Candlewood Suites. Efficiency, hospitality, and quality have, and always will, be paramount to our ethics here. Nathan has been a wonderful addition to our front desk team, and it is exciting to hear that he is having such an impact on our guest's experience. We strive to be the preferred hotel for all of our guests, and we cant wait to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I got an incredible rate on this hotel. I was concerned that the rate was so good that there must be something wrong but I saw that it was rated number 1 in Richmond. And after staying there I completely agree. This is a great hotel at a great price. New. Extremely well maintained, has great staff. The rooms are good size and very modern. Lots of electrical outlets for cell, lap top etc. And a full kitchen with a full size refrigerator. This beats most 3 and some 4 star hotels I've stayed at. I can not say enough positive about this hotel. It's two blocks from a huge shopping and eatery area. Close to the airport yet you don't hear any of the aircraft noise because the runways run the opposite direction. By far the best value for the money I have gotten in years. Great.

Room Tip: Any of them are great.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank lindsey b

Dear Lindsey,

Words can not describe how much we strive to receive these kind of reviews from our guests. This is a direct reflection of how from the maintenance department, housekeeping department, and our very talented front desk team work to make yours and every one of our guest's stay the best possible experience. I do agree that geographically we are blessed in the fact the air traffic runs in every direction except over our hotel. Time and time again you will find our hospitality, quality, and affordability to exceed well past all other hotels in the Richmond area. Next time you are in town we would love to have you stay with us again to prove that this will forever be the benchmark for our hotel.

Humbly At Your Service,

Reviewed September 24, 2012

If our destination was not as far as it was, we would have opted to stay here. The facility is well-maintained, the people are kind but the location was not where we needed to be.The price we paid was the best deal!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you Mcmalvarez for your wonderful review of our property here. It is always our mission to provide the best prices possible, while providing even better service time and time again. While we do apologize for our location being out of the area in which you needed, we are very happy about you choosing to stay with us. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve your stay next time you are in the area. Thank you and have a wonderful day.