“Another solid visit with the Team at Candlewood Suites - Richmond, Airport”

Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Ranked #32 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Waverly, Tennessee, United States
“Another solid visit with the Team at Candlewood Suites - Richmond, Airport”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

What can I say, another very solid stay at this location!!! While most of this "TEAM" appear to be fairly new employees they are trained to exceed our (customer) expectations. Always attentive to our needs with immediate response to any requests. This location appears to be a training site for quality people that in a very short window are promoted to other locations. Way to go "James"
you know how to seriously school these folks for growth. I would recommend a stay to everyone!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I chose this hotel because of it's ranking here on TripAdviser. On arrival we were greeted buy front desk attendant; who was quite pleasant and welcoming. A really a good place for the money. comfy bed, you feel safe, I love the use of a little kitchen. The staff is friendly and helpful. I highly recommend it

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
jbrown804, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
1216322, thank you for your review. I love hearing the staff is doing a good job. we will strive to maintain the same high standard so that you will always choose the Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport in the future. Hope to see you again soon. Safe travels, and remember, at Candlewood Suites, consider us home.

Lake Tahoe (California), California
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The shuttle service was suspended for some reason but Brian (?) at the front desk arranged for a taxi (paid) to get me to the airport at 5:30 am. He was very accommodating and friendly. He was working VERY hard, having had to manage a power outage for several hours. He was harried but took it in stride.

The room was very comfortable and spacious.

It is not walking distance to anything and there is no "real" food on premises. However, the room I had was well equipped for cooking. Had I known that, I would have gone to the grocery store before being dropped off at the hotel.

The entire hotel did seem a bit "lonely". I think alot of long-term temporary workers stay and they seem more like tenants than travelers. But that was ok, just different.

I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
TwolnTahoe, I am happy Brain was able to help you with the shuttle/taxi. We here at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport take pride in helping the guest have a pleasureable stay in a friendly atmosfer.

Just a note for your next stay with us, about a half mile up the road is the White Oak Shopping Center. It is a great shopping center to find a resturant or get groceries for you room. Hope to see you again soon. Safe travels, and remember, at Candlewood Suites, consider us home.

MILNER
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I have spent about 6 weeks across 2 years at this facility. It is really a good place for the money. comfy bed, you feel safe, a nice gym, I love the use of a little kitchen. The staff is friendly and helpful. I highly recommend it

Room Tip: Don't stay in a room next to the elevator, you will hear it all night long. Make sure to turn yo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
shereen_w, Thank you for your review. Many of our guests stay with us many times through out a year. I am so happy you continue to choose this property. We will continue to provide you with the comfy bed and nice gym as well as leave you feeling safe. Your safety as with all of our guests is paramont. Hope to see you again soon. Safe travels, and remember, at Candlewood Suites, consider us home.

Winter Springs, Florida
Reviewed June 21, 2012

After a booking mistake that I made, we thought that we were going to have to look for another hotel. The manager on duty took care of our "non refundable rate" and offered to put us in a room that evening despite my error with booking the room a month later. It took him quite awhile to accomplish this, as the system wouldn't let him easily fix it. Kudos to him for his attention and effort to fix the problem! He even suggested us staying in a room on the bottom floor to avoid the other available room which was near the noisy elevator closet. I guess the next guests are in for a loud evening but I appreciated that he mentioned it to us and gave us the quieter room.

The room itself looked practically brand new! The bed was a bit stiff, but nowhere near as bad as some beds I've seen at hotels. The bathroom was also new and nicely appointed. The only slight drawback for the room was that the desk/kitchen were pretty cramped which would make for a tough business stay. However, we were just there on a weekend vacation so it was not an issue for us.

Overall we didn't experience a single problem while there. I especially appreciated the "no parties" signage everywhere!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Joshandlssa, thank you for choosing Candlewood Suite Richmond Airport for you latest stay. It prides me to hear my staff was able to help you with the booking issues you were having. We do have a room that is notoriously loud due to the elevator and we try our very best not to put anyone in it.

We also have a very good maintenance staff who do everything possible to keep the hotel looking and functioning as if it were new. Thank you for noticing. Hope to see you again soon. Safe travels, and remember, at Candlewood Suites, consider us home.

Red Lion, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 15, 2012

This was clean and large rooms. No Pool. No Breakfast. But everything was nice. Stayed 1 night on our way to SC. Beds are a bit hard

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you, Confam, for your review. We do not have a pool however we do have free YMCA passes so that our guest can use their pool. Hope to see you again soon. Safe travels, and remember, at Candlewood Suites, consider us home.

Arlington, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We flew in the morning of a high school graduation and was trying to check in early so we could freshen up a little bit before the graduation. The staff was very accommodating (despite my multiple phone calls to find out if there was a room ready yet). The room was very clean, the lobby was clean, the bathroom was clean. Bonus is that the rug was clean, I usually pack socks because carpets in hotel give me the heebie-jeebies sometimes, but the rug felt very clean and I didn't feel the need to use them at all. The kitchnette was very nice, although we didn't stay long enough to use it. The room was a good size for the two of us.

I would most definitely stay here again and would be happy to try other Candlewood Suites.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We here at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport pride ourselves on keeping the public areas as well as each room as clean as possible. I am so glad you noticed. I am also glad you were about to get into your room early. we try to make a standard practice of allowing early check ins on a first come first serve basis as the rooms become available. Hope to see you again soon. Safe travels, and remember, at Candlewood Suites, consider us home.

-James K. Brown-Hare, General Manager-
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Candlewood Suites Richmond - West Broad
Homewood Suites Richmond Airport
Courtyard Richmond Airport

Been to Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!