“Wonderful Get-away”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Richmond
Historic Mankin Mansion Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 13 Richmond B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Bought the Living Social deal and enjoyed our trip more than expected. We had a gorgeous room and the most hospitable hosts. They love what they do and it shows. The breakfast was delicious and so were all the little extras, like the cheese platter and snacks that were in our room. The only downside was that they were having trouble with the internet in our room. Fortunately, they had a comfortable game room where we could bring our laptops and get some work done.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 11, 2012

My boyfriend and I purchased the Living Social deal for a 2 night stay at the B&B. We ended up receiving everything in the deal plus more than we ever expected. The owners are extremely hospitable, attentive and accommodating without being intrusive on the experience, which can sometimes happen at B&B's. The Gardener's Cottage had more than enough room for 2 of us including snacks (candies, popcorn, cheese platter and wine) upon our arrival, comfortable rooms and a cute kitchen equipped with anything you will need. A gourmet cooking class must have been taken for the type of breakfast the owners were able to prepare each morning. The classic mansion grounds were perfect for pictures or outside relaxation during your stay. If you prefer to stay close, a variety of chain restaurants are less than 2 miles away (Olive Garden, Longhorn, Applebee's). Downtown Richmond is about 10 miles away with a variety of fashionable and sophisticated restaurants, shops, lounges, etc. Highly recommend the mansion for a weekend getaway if you're looking for relaxation, a variety of activities and exceptional service.

Room Tip: Gardener's Cottage was perfect for two adults. It would also be good for two adults with childr...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We were greeted by the owner who was very friendly. When he showed us to our room, it was actually a seperate cottage, with a living room, 2 bedrooms, full kitchen, it was a great place; the only drawback was the very small bathroom. But it was a very nice place, very quite and the breakfasts were wonderful! It was off the beated path but it was very easy to get around town and to the Interstate.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I purchased the LivingSocial deal for The Mankin Mansion as a Christmas present for my boyfriend. We stayed on a Sunday and Monday night and had a perfect experience. We stayed in the Jefferson Suite and loved the sun room! The bottle of wine, popcorn and candy were a wonderful touch. The beds were amazingly comfortable. Only complaint I have is that the pillows were a bit too soft for my taste.

Breakfast was amazing both mornings. Paula and Martin were so attentive and sweet. I loved them so very much! The mango bellinis were particularly delicious.

The grounds were spectacular and everything was just magical. I can't say enough great things about this place!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2011

My husband and I were searching for a B&B close to our Williamsburg, VA home as we were getting away for our 19th wedding anniversary. It fell on a work day and he needed to be able to vacation one work day plus half of another day and return to work. This worked great for location. I found it through LivingSocial.

Room Tip: Bridal Cottage fantastic and romantic.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2011

My boyfriend and I - both from CA - found this Bed & Breakfast, which is also a wedding resort, through LivingSocial - and we are so so glad we did! We had a wonderful time at this relaxing B&B after a very busy, fast-paced time in DC. The owners, Paula & Martin, were incredibly friendly and accommodating. We stayed in the Farmer's Cottage, which had the most comfortable bed and adorable country-style decorations. The breakfast was delicious each day, and they were easily able to accommodate my vegetarian diet and my boyfriend's aversion to eggs! I know we will definitely make another visit whenever we're in the area again! Oh, and the game room is fantastic - we spent a few hours in there every night playing pool, darts, foosball, checkers, and basketball.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Mankin Mansion in June and we had such a great time. The proprietors treated us like family, and we felt welcome from the minute we arrived. We got stuck in traffic and didn't get into Richmond until late at night. I called to let them know and they checked me in over the phone! Upon our arrival there was a typed letter to us giving instructions of what to do. The room was fabulous, and the game room was so fun.
The grounds are beautiful, the breakfast was FANTASTIC (did I mention that I told them about my gluten allergy and they made me a gluten-free breakfast every morning?), and the people were so friendly.

Overall it was one of my favorite vacations in my life. I cannot wait to go back and spend more time there.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple