Hilton Richmond Downtown
The Renaissance(Richmond)
  • Bar/Lounge
Omni Richmond Hotel(Richmond)
1,631 results
All reviewsdepartment storeconvention centergarden innfront deskvalet parkinghigh ceilingswithin a mile radiusvalet staffshuttle servicehistoric buildingthe executive loungefull servicefree shuttlebusiness triphotel staffvery nice hotelenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 29, 2009

Although New with Polite Staff, mandatory Valet Parking @ 17 Dollars was absurd. Typical HGI Room.. No Complaints there. Breakfast Room VG with VG Service. Dining Room and Bar Poorly Laid out & run. Eat somewhere else, really poor food.
Would not stay again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank JLVSB
Reviewed May 19, 2009

I stayed at the Hilton to attend a college graduation that was held two blocks away at the Richmond Coliseum.

The hotel is very new. I was impressed with the room and the hotel staff was very accomodating and pleasant. They also have a breakfast buffet ($12.95) which I and others in our party enjoyed.

There was valet parking for $18. But because it was the weekend, I found parking on the street.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 14, 2009

I stayed at the brand new Hilton Garden Inn located across the street from the Convention Center in May of 2009. The hotel virtually sparkles, it's so new.
Very attentive staff, 24 business center, a nice pool and workout area, along with a typical--yet nice--restaurant made for a great conference experience.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2009

We really enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn- Downtown Richmond during the Nascar Race weekend (May 2nd, 2009). This hotel is ideal for Nascar weekend. HGI is clean and comfortable and also within close walking distance to the Free shuttle to the race (at the Colliseum). No race day traffic to deal with at all. We arrived at the race track very fast and the return was quick as well. There was somewhat of a line for the shuttles immediately after the race but it moved quickly once the shuttles arrived. It was very nice to not have to deal with the race traffic before and after the race. Also we didn't have to worry about drinking and driving because our transportation was provided.

The hotel had a very reasonable Nascar rate that included breakfast and a gift. The gift was a wonderful travel bag full of a bunch of goodies: bags of chips, nuts, crackers, granola bars, candy, bottles of water, 3 sports drinks (which came in handy!) and sunscreen. The hotel is clean and brand new. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We had a chance to talk with the night manager in the lobby and he was very personable and friendly and professional. The front desk staff was great for check-in and also when we came back after the race. I wanted to order food and they knew of just the right place to order from and dialed the number and handed me the phone. When the pizza came they let the driver know where to find me in the lobby. The lounge stayed open later to accomodate the race fans and Nascar staff staying at the hotel.

The hotel is large and we didn't feel crowded or hear others in the hallway outside of our room. Our room was nice. Only one window in our room (that overlooked an enclosed courtyard) so it was a little dark but we didn't spend much time in the room so it was not really an issue. I am sure that many of the rooms have more windows and also overlook the Richmond Downtown. Since the hotel is located in a restored building, not all of the rooms will be same. The lobby and lounge area are nice. The room was nice...not the Ritz, but had granite in the bathroom and in the room. The bed was comfortable. The furniture was much better than most hotels in the same category. I loved the flat screen tv. I also liked the minifridge in the room, so we could have cold drinks and water after the race and the morning after. The room had energy efficient lights which didn't provide adequate lighting since the ceilings are high, but we didn't mind (it could have also been the unique L shape of our room as well). I also like that this hotel is 100% smoke free.

The Nascar rate was very reasonable and much cheaper than other hotels in the area so I wasn't expecting to get one of the best rooms in the place. The next time we go, I am requesting a room with a view of downtown.

I wish I could comment on the breakfast but we slept in and missed it. (On Saturdays they serve until 11:30am which is great so its our fault for sleeping in). When we were walking by to check out, the restaurant staff was super friendly though and the seating area looked nice. I highly recommend this hotel for race weekend or if you are visiting the downtown Richmond area. Good value for nice rooms.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CaribLover
Reviewed April 24, 2009

This is a very nice, clean hotel. We stayed for 3 days during the JamFest Nationals Cheer & Dance Competitions. All of our rooms were very comfortable and all of the front desk, valet, housekeeping staff were extemely helpful and friendly. However, the restaurant downstairs was absolutely terrible (not the food-it was pretty good-, but the service). We waited two mornings for over 35 minutes for a table for 2. As if that weren't bad enough, we were completely denied dinner service an hour and a half before closing due to the amount of room service orders they had backed up. So- the hotel itself. I would recommend, but I think I would try to eat elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family