“Hilton Garden Inn”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Wilson, North Carolina
“Hilton Garden Inn”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Very nice looking hotel, staff was very helpful and courteous. Lobby was spacious and very clean. My room was large, clean and well appointed. I would definitely consider staying here again. Lunch was wraps, nothing very spectacular. There are several good restaurants in the area as well. Valet parking was a little expensive for the area but I felt like my car was in a safe area and well attended to.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Rodney;

Thanks for your great feedback and review of our Hilton Garden on Tripadvisor. I was glad to learn you enjoyed your visit with us, and we certainly hope to see you back soon. We'll share your comments with the team. Safe travels ahead.

John Cario - GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Great hotel, great accommodations. Absolutely best staff: great communication skills, attentive, pleasant, friendly, knowledgeable, courteous. Clean with large rooms and great housekeeping staff. Great experience begins at entrance from Valet staff to Front Desk Staff to Exceptional Restaurant Staff to Accommodating Support Hotel staff. The best of southern hospitality. Great Management staff who are accessible.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Frederick;

Thanks so much for your great review about our "Great Hotel". We'll share with the team your wonderful comments about the hotel. We hope to see you back soon.

John Cario
GM
Dacula, United States
Reviewed June 2, 2014

excellent hotel experience rooms large and quite . The hotel staff were friendly and welcoming throughout my stay. Only area of improvement would be showers water pressure was light and I felt like I didn't get shampoo out of my hair !

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your recent visit to Richmond and stay with us. Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit, however disappointed to hear the water pressure in your room wasn't the best. As noted in my personal email to you we will investigate that rooms showerhead and pressure to ensure it is functioning properly. I do apologize for this inconvenience, and hope you'll return again soon !

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This hotel never ceases to please. I have stayed here multiple times and every single time have had a great experience. The valet service and the front desk check in service was so helpful and friendly. The room was incredible and the bed and pillows oh so soft and comfortable. The entire hotel was very clean. I don't think I passed a single employee that didn't take time to say hi. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Richmond, VA area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Tammy;

Thanks for your post about your recent "Great Accommodations" with us in Richmond. Glad to hear you also enjoyed your nights sleep with our bedding. Hope to see you back soon.

John and team.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Just stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in downtown Richmond VA. Clean, but small, rooms. Weird room numbering system on the floors. Some rooms are an extremely long, long walk from the elevators, with no shortcut.

Hotel staff was amazingly cordial and exhibit the best of southern hospitality. Did not eat in the hotel, but I did enjoy drinks in the bar several times.

Only downside was the fitness room. 3 treadmills. One worked but needed a new belt; the belt was stretched. The other two did not work: one would not start and the other had a sign on it that it did not work. Not good.

Room Tip: Ask to be closer to the elevator. Otherwise its could be a very long walk.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay and feedback. Sorry to hear you were inconvenienced with the treadmills. We did have repairs made for a new monitor, but obviously during your visit this was on order. In the future we also partner with the local YMCA should you need an alternative and expanded facility for your workout. Thanks again for your feedback, and we hope to see you back soon. Sincerely, John Cario - GM.
VA
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

We are currently in Richmond for a sports event at the convention center and are staying at the Hilton Garden Inn for the third time. I knew I'd better write the review while I was here or I might not do it. I love this hotel for the people, the convenience, and the ambience. It is meticulous cleanliness, and obvious great management. We checked in and went to our room which only had one window. My husband called down and asked if it would be possible for us to move to a brighter room and it was done within minutes. I asked for an early cleaning and it was done. Our rollaway bed was delivered immediately upon our arrival. Our need for an early brown bag breakfast was accommodated for our son. Even little things like grape water pressure impressed me. We will be back the next time we are in Richmond. Highly recommended.

Stayed May 2014
Dear Olivia On The Beach;

Thanks for your visit and feedback, guessing maybe here for the Volleyball event ? Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit, as well the team addressed your initial room request change, and your other requests during your visit. We look forward to your next Richmond visit.

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed May 21, 2014

From the moment we drove up the valet attendants, the front desk person and the restaurant staff were so friendly and efficient, especially both Hannah and Chandra in the restaurant. The location offered us easy off, easy on I -95 access.

1 Thank 919LizM
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us, and recognizing our team. I will thank all, and personally Hannah and Chandra, yes they certainly do a great job for us in the restaurant. Additionally, as you said we are easy to i95 & i64 and very convenient for those traveling to Richmond. We look forward to your next visit, and sincerely appreciate your post to Tripadvisor.