“Great Location & Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great Location & Hotel”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I chose the HGI due to the tripadvisor reviews as I don't know Richmond at all.

I was impressed by my entire experience. I want to mention that I was there in the middle of winter and between snowstorms because that affected my stay.

I had flown a red eye and was exhausted when I arrived. The front desk staff was friendly, helpful, and willing to joke around with me. The guys who valet parked cars were quick and efficient. Considering the fact that they had to stay out in below-freezing weather, I highly commend them.

I liked that the hotel offered morning and afternoon beverages and snacks. Even more, I appreciated free wifi.

The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. The location was good, and as a woman traveling alone, I felt safe.

My one complaint is the cost of the valet. There is self-parking nearby that is cheaper. Had it not been so cold, I would have used it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Moonette
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Moonette;

Thanks for your visit and tripadvisor post. I'll surely thank our valet team who does do a great job in all sorts of weather, and this year certainly many cold days. Glad to hear you had a great visit, and enjoyed our many amenities. Hope to see you back soon. John and team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Hampstead NC
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I accidently made my reservation for the following Thursday and did not realize it until I was at the front desk and my car was already with the valet. I was downtown and exhausted and did not want to have to find another hotel. Things quickly turned around when Lyndsey the office manager started helping me. She was SUPER nice and assured me that she would take care of me. She found a better room for me than the one I originally booked and then worked with me on the rate because they were almost sold out and you pay more when you are not booking ahead. I don't think she could have done a better job taking care of me and fixing my mistake. The hotel is really nice and everyone has been great. I will absolutely stay here again. BTW I travel almost every week and know a great hotel when I stay in one! Thanks again Lyndsey!!!!!

2 Thank MIke L
Dear Mike;

Thanks for your recent visit to Richmond and stay with us. Glad to hear Lyndsey got things sorted out for you. We look forward to your future visit here, as well wish you safe travels ahead. John Cario - GM.
Fredericksburg, United States
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I chose to stay at the Hilton in Richmond because of extremely bad weather. I found the hotel staff to be extremely helpful and friendly and the overall experience was great - clean/restful room, free internet connection, and free morning and afternoon beverage and snack. Will stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Anne;

Thank you for your recent "bad weather" visit. Perhaps it was one of the many "polar vortex" storms we had this year. Either way, we are glad you found us, and we took good care of you. We hope to see you back soon, maybe for some good Richmond weather, and some fun outdoor activity we offer here; James River Rafting, First Friday's Art walk, Friday Cheers, and so much more ! Thanks for stopping, John and team.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Spent a girls weekend in Richmond and had an excellent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. I was so impressed with the shopping/food recommendations provided by the hotel in advance of our trip and we were greeted to a cheese/fruit tray in our room upon arrival. The hotel is in a great location and is a really unique space (renovated from a department store). I can't wait for my next trip to Richmond and will definitely be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Kelly;

Thanks for your recent "girl's weekend" visit and feedback on your stay with us, and in Richmond. Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit and our team took good care of you. Hope to see you back soon, as there's much more to see and do in RVA.

John C
Virginia Beach
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on several occassions and have always been pleased with the cleanliness, the appearance, and the staff! They have great shuttle service, comfortable beds, and other amnities. I highly recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Joann;

Thanks for your "excellent" review, and we hope to see you back again soon. John C.
Washington, DC
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stay in a lot of hotels for work and pleasure, and this property was a stand-out! The facilities and location were ideal for a weekend away with the girls. We were also impressed with the level of customer service we received before our visit, at check-in, and even in the hallways. An added bonus was the character of the propery and the old department store memorabilia. Very neat that the hotel has a shared history with the city of Richmond. We will definitely be back for another visit!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Erica;

Glad to learn you enjoyed a "perfect girl's weekend" recently at our HGI in Richmond. Hope to see you back soon. John & Team.
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Hadn't stayed at a hilton garden, very nice surprise, clean and bright. The location is convenient and trey have a shuttle free of charge that can take you within 2 miles which is where most of the restaurants are. Very few places to eat within walking distance us the only drawback

• Stayed March 2014
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Great to hear you found a "nice surprise" here in Richmond and our HGI - located in the Historic Miller & Rhoads Department store. I'm glad you also took advantage of our shuttle service, a great way to get to your business, VCU, or a area restaurant. Of course you can stay and dine with us too at our Garden Grille, or Thirst & Fifth Gastropub. Hope to see you back soon, John C.