“Lovely”

GreenLeadersBronze level
roanoke, United States
“Lovely”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The hotel is perfect for DMAS and Virginia Premier meetings and well as Civic Center events. Room service is excellent! No to-go coffee sales at the Hilton Garden Inn. (Starbucks across the street at the Marriott.) Non-smoking facility and no comfortable/safe place to smoke outside.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us. Glad to hear it was "lovely" as you said, as well we'll certainly address your comments noted. We actually do provide a smokers oasis in front of the hotel, and propane heaters for the recent cold snap. We also have complimentary lobby coffee outside the restaurant in the am, and Keurig available in all guest rooms, or as well Starbucks k-cups at the Pantry by our front desk. Thanks again for your comments, and we hope to see you back soon. John - GM.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Washington DC, United States
Reviewed March 1, 2014

The stay was great. The staff made us feel like we where at home. It was in a great location to the convention center which was hosting the wine expo. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone. Specially if you need to stay near the convention center. The breakfast is excellent and dinner was great too!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your recent "Wine Expo" visit. I heard it was a wonderful event, and they even had some running events too. Yes, we are very convenient to the convention center, as well some great new local restaurants and attractions in Downtown Richmond. I will share your review with the team especially our F&B crew related to your wonderful breakfast and dinner you had with us. Hope to see you back for the new Expo, or just a weekend in RVA.

John - GM
Stephens City, Virginia
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Very convenient to conference center and other areas. Hotel Staff was really good and rooms were very nice, clean, looked wonderful. Everything was very good. Food was good and Bar area was very well done. ALL STAFF were very good. Very good service Thank You

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your recent visit and feedback on Tripadvisor. Nice to see you had a "very nice stay" with us. We'll share your review with our team, and we look forward to your next visit.

John Cario - GM
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Easy check in from the friendly staff. Rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious. Checked out the pool and hot tub which were very nice. Really good nights sleep. Centrally located to my business meeting. Will definitely stay here again.

Dear Michele;

Thank you for your recent visit to our HGI - Richmond. We were glad to hear you had a "Great Stay" with us, and look forward to your next visit to RVA.

John and team.
Hopewell, Virginia
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed for two night just to get away. We arrived at the hotel to check in 10 min prior to 3pm. We were informed that our room was not ready. We waited past the check in time and our room had to be changed because it still was not ready. We did not receive a sorry for the wait free breakfast voucher nothing. Their customer service was horrible but the rooms are nice. We were over charged for room service and make sure you don't think you're getting a free breakfast because it's not free. Go to Holiday Inn Express, better treatment, better quality and free breakfast.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bodybuilder87
LWharton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for sharing with us about your recent experience. I am sorry to hear this was the case for you - I can assure you this is not typical. I would love to speak with you privately and address your comments about the room service charges. Feel free to contact me via email.

I will share your arrival experience with my front desk staff. While long check-in times should never happen, if they do my team should go above and beyond to rectify the situation (and typically they do!). It's good to know what can happen when we drop the ball.

Thank you again for sharing, and I look forward to speaking with you privately.

Lyndsey C Wharton
Lyndsey.Wharton@hilton.com
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed February 21, 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Downtown is like… Richmond.
It's convenient, reasonably priced, welcoming, but nothing to write home about.
Breakfast is good, rooms are clean (but not new), staff happy to help.
Very good value for money.

Room Tip: Ask to be close to the elevators, as some corridors are looooooooong.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Let me know when you return. I'd love to show you the many unique restaurants, historical places, theatres, and museums that Richmond has to offer! I will pass along your comments with the team, and look forward to sharing with you the next time your travels bring you to RVA.
Chicago, United States
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I really enjoyed the hotel and bar staff especially Linda, Ted and James. There was a problem with the heating in my room and my bed would not adjust to my comfort. After explaining my issue to the Front Desk, they resolved it immediately by putting my into another room as well as providing me with free breakfast for two people. My overall stay was wonderful and I do plan on staying there during my next trip to Richmond. The hotel shuttle arrived and departed in a timely manner and I never had to complain.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your response! I am sorry things did not go well the first time, but I am glad to see my staff spring into action and make it right - You can count on us! I will make sure to share your comments with Ted, Linda, and James. They truly are great hotel professionals. We look forward to seeing you again!