Hilton Richmond Downtown
  • Pool
$119
Hampton.com
1,639 results
All reviewsdepartment storeconvention centergarden innfront deskvalet parkinghigh ceilingswithin a mile radiusvalet staffshuttle servicehistoric buildingthe executive loungefull servicefree shuttlebusiness triphotel staffvery nice hotelenjoyed my stay
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Upon arrival we were greeted by the valet service with friendly smiles and kindness. We entered he beautiful lobby and rec'd wonderul service upon checking in. Couldn't wait to get to our room to check out and address our mattress settings. After check-in we headed to our rooms...on the 3rd. Besides the fact that we had to walk a great distance to get to our room we found our room to be very nice. The hallway floors were very creeky! Our toilet would not stop running after it was flushed. We called the front desk and they immediately came to fix the toilet.....excellent service. From there one everthing was great!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deborah M
LWharton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you for your response. I am glad to see you enjoyed your time with us! It's always good for us to hear our guests respond positively to our level of service- we work hard to provide it! I will make sure to pass along your kind words to my team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed here with my Aunt after visiting a cousin at Virginia Commonwealth University nearby. The hotel looks very nice when you walk in and the lobby is great. Everyone we encountered was beyond friendly. You have to valet the car or park in a lot across the street. The valet cost is $21 and 24 hours in the lot is $18 so we valeted. The valets were friendly and our car came quick but I still think it was a bit pricey for parking. Our room was huge. We encountered a problem with no hot water twice. The staff did come and it was fixed. We also awoke in the middle of the night to the AC unit flashing and making a clicking noise which was very promptly fixed, but still an inconveince to us. We ate at the hotel for dinner, service good food good. I too as many have said was VERY surprised that the breakfast was not free. It was a charge of $13.95 and I have had free continental breakfasts that had more food. They do not put out the bacon, potatoes or sausage so you have to order them with your eggs and they don't give you a lot. The only bagels left were blueberry bagels too. I think this should be free. I am giving this hotel a very good because they did give us a free room, because of our issues and they were very friendly about helping us and responsive with the problems. I think all hotels have issues, but its how they handle them in my opinion that differentiates the hotel. The only other thing I would add is be careful where go around the hotel this is not a safe area, and not even a block from the hotel is quite sketchy and I live in a City. I would not recommend going out at night on foot.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lisannez
LWharton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Thank you for your post! I am sorry to hear that you had some troubles during your stay. And you're absolutely right, how the issues are handled (we all make mistakes) makes a huge difference! I am glad to know my team reacted positively. As far as breakfast goes, at Hilton Garden's we provide a full cooked-to-order hot, all you can eat breakfast buffet and yes there is a charge, unlike some of our sister hotels; Hampton and Embassy Suites. However, we also have some "bed and breakfast" packages which include breakfast, as well some that include parking. I encourage you to see what we offer next time you are looking for hotels in Richmond. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel to attend a committee hearing of the Virginia Legislature. The hotel was comfortable and very convenient for this purpose. I found the business center to be useful. I was glad the hotel didn't nickel and dime me for every amenity.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Devbert;

Yes, we are in "General Assembly" country and preparing for their next session in 2014. A short walk, or courtesy shuttle ride gets you close to the action. Thanks for your visits, and your feedback, we hope to see you back soon.

John Cario - GM

Reviewed October 30, 2013

This hotel is located in the renovated Miller & Rhoades store. The rooms are large and tastefully restored. The site is near the downtown to allow easy walking to meetings or restaurants. Also, close to VCU.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your recent stay and nice post to Tripadvisor. We hope to see you back with us soon. John & Team

Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is a very comfortable hotel with accommodating staff. If you are going to Richmond to be close to the convention center, this is your hotel. The house is clean, the food is good and the staff is really very accommodating and pleasant. Although the hotel is very nice, if you are looking for a neighborhood scene with an assortment of shops, cafés and restaurants you may want to stay in the “Shockhoe Bottom” or “CaryTown” sections of Richmond. But for this section of Richmond, this is my favorite hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear LeppFrog;

Thank you for your recent stay with us and your feedback on Tripadvisor. Yes, your are correct and the Shockoe Bottom area is certainly an area with some restaurants, and our complimentary shuttles will take you there too. We are also fortunate to have many new restaurants on Grace Street behind us; 525, Pasture, and Rappahannock, in addition to our Garden Grille and Thirst & Fifth lounge in the hotel. We appreciate your feedback, and comments, and look forward to your next visit here.

Thanks,